General News - Top 20 RPGs in 2016

Adept, Vanguard and Infiltrator sound (and look) interesting from a few videos I've found. Adept = Jedi, Vanguard = self-teleporting Jedi, Infiltrator = cloaked sniper. Don't even know which is better. If Adepts could teleport, I'd pick that one for sure.

I heard that you have to go to many more different planets in the first part, which kept me from playing it further. I didn't want more vehicle combat.

All the biggest fans of the series that I've known have started with Mass Effect 2. If you absolutely fall madly in love with the series, you can go back and play ME 1 later, and your fangirliness can carry you through the awkward controls and the campiness.

I would absolutely start with ME 2, but that's just me.

All the biggest fans of the series that I've known have started with Mass Effect 2. If you absolutely fall madly in love with the series, you can go back and play ME 1 later, and your fangirliness can carry you through the awkward controls and the campiness.

Not sure how many times I've completed it by now, but it's bound to be 30+, with the other two at about half of that I imagine, so I'm a fairly big fan of the franchise, and I started with ME1. It's still my favorite by a fair margin, as it had a "wow!" effect that I've rarely seen in a game before.

As for the vehicle combat and awkward exploration; that's all optional really. If you're going to do it, I recommend using maps of each planet to minimize the driving, or it'll quickly get tedious.

That was the case for me as well. I fell in love with ME2, then got severely disappointed with ME1 initially. I wanted to make sure I finish 1st one before 3rd instalment came along, so I've had another crack at it and boy am I glad I did!! It's the NPCs that made ME2 really enjoyable, while it's story/lore which made ME1 absolutely worth it.

Strange, this must be the only site of Bioware fans I've seen. I'm happy :)

Aubie, I didn't know that continuity wasn't very important in ME. But I only have ME1, so I'd rather play it first ;)

Maylander, you're telling a completionist that something in the game is optional! Just kidding, in this particular case I'm sure I can avoid the planets, the vehicle gameplay is bad enough to convince me to do that. But I'm always going to wonder what loot I missed out on... ;)

Adept, Vanguard and Infiltrator sound (and look) interesting from a few videos I've found. Adept = Jedi, Vanguard = self-teleporting Jedi, Infiltrator = cloaked sniper. Don't even know which is better. If Adepts could teleport, I'd pick that one for sure.

Those descriptions fit ME2 and 3, not ME1, unfortunately. ME2 individualized the classes a lot more and gave them unique powers/abilities.

The Adept are still somewhat Jedi in ME1 though.

Those descriptions fit ME2 and 3, not ME1, unfortunately. ME2 individualized the classes a lot more and gave them unique powers/abilities.

The Adept are still somewhat Jedi in ME1 though.
Yeah, I've read on another site that you can't teleport in ME1, so Adept it will be for me.

Although infiltrator sounds like fun, as well. Cloaking around is so covertly badass, reminds me of Deux Ex and Bloodlines. But I don't want to play a shooter, and something tells me that apart from cloaking, all the rest would be a shooter game.

I must be the only RPG fan who hasn't played Mass Effect. Seriously. I remember starting it and all was well, until I found out that I'm expected to play some sort of action game using a vehicle on another planet against a giant worm. My senses told me that was not an RPG game anymore, and I couldn't beat that worm, so I got frustrated and uninstalled it.

Then we are two, Elel, as I never played any Mass Effect game until now.
At least, as you said above, you installed it and played it to some extent. I never did.

Make that three. Don't know why, just never felt inclined to pick it up. I'd rather play other stuff, like KotOR, if I want to scratch that "space opera" itch.

Currently replaying ME1 (alhough I have never finished it) with an Adept. I'm not sure I'm so happy with the class, but to be honest, combat is relatively easy most of the time on Normal. I sometimes die because I tend to rush into combat forgetting I only have light armour and get massacred in two seconds.

Game is fun, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

Note that some scenarios require you to use the Mako for both travel and fights, although they are rare. However, all off-world side missions will require some Mako fighting.

I haven't ofund it hard though, drive forward, shoot once, when you see a rocket coming at you drive backwards to evade, drive forward, shoot, etc. I just find it boring.

I have seen a Let's Play by Chris Odd where he drives around in circles trying to shoot and evade, and I just ask myself why :D

All classes are fun in ME1 (except maybe soldier for me, then again I'm the one who despises paladins too).

By importing the savegame in ME2 and later in ME3 you can switch the class. If you want.
In ME2 adept is still a decent fun especially towards the end if you learn Samara's skill you'll be OP, but generally techs and tanks rule there (armor removal and armor on yourself).
With biotic explosions in ME3 adept outshines all other classes and I'd say adept is a perfect choice there. Which means, you want another biotic or even better three biotics in your ME3 party. So you'll restart ME1 and make sure the nonsoldier sidekick survives. ;)

Make that three. Don't know why, just never felt inclined to pick it up. I'd rather play other stuff, like KotOR, if I want to scratch that "space opera" itch.

Make that four. Some people don't even have a space itch to scratch... let alone a space shooter type RPG!

Back
Top Bottom