Genshin Impact - Update 1.2 @ XDA

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
XDA lists the changes for the huge Genshin Impact update 1.2:

Genshin Impact 1.2 update is arriving just in time for Christmas

There is no doubt that Genshin Impact is currently one of the best games that you can play on your smartphone. Apart from offering some of the best visuals, it also comes with one of the most immersive experiences one would expect from an RPG title. After releasing its first major update in November, game developer miHoYo is all set to release a new update this month. Genshin Impact 1.2 update will be rolling out December 23 at 06:00 (GMT+8). The new update will be available for users on iOS, Android, PC, and PS4 at the same time. It is said to be substantially bigger than the previous update and will include new characters, a new snowy region, new storylines, and a fair amount of balancing changes.

What's New?

One of the biggest additions to the game is going to be the new snowy region of Dragonspine. Players can expect sub-zero temperatures along with the usual set of puzzles and quests along with new mechanics. There is a new Freeze mechanic (not to be confused with Frozen mechanic) which will basically affect your character while exploring the new cold region. You need to keep an eye on the Freeze meter, cause once it is too low, you are slowly going to start losing health. Expect some items and moves that could help your character to counter the cold weather.

[...]
More information.

Oh god… That site is not normal.
So much stuff listed of which most is meaningless.

In short what's new:
1. Another game area opens with new quests and trashmobs to kill
2. Ice and water based characters get their artefact sets
3. Leveling a character to lv20, 50 and 70 grants a free lootbox
4. A new sword where the game provides all mats to max it, you won't need2grind
5. Events won't require resin any more

What's old and shouldn't be announced as "news"?
1. New gacha characters will be released
2. New grindables and gacha weapons
3. New daily chores
4. New food recipes
5. New other whatever that is practically more gambling and more grinding with no rewards

Leveling a character to lv20, 50 and 70 grants a free lootbox

This is a nice one - I got 31(!) free wishes for my party.
It is a Gacha game, but miHoYo makes it really easy to play as a F2P-gamer.

If you have
  • no Gacha addiction
  • lots of time
  • don't hate grinding
go for it.

Well I don't have any time and don't know what is Gacha, but already downloaded 8 gigs of after installation update on my mobile, so I should at least check to have some new experience.
:)

Here's the thing:
DO NOT BUY GEMS.

If any moment happens you desperately want to buy gems which is pretend currency to buy lootboxes and gamble - uninstall the game.

If you want to support developers there is something called Gnostic Hymn that grants mats and stuff, but do play a month or two before considering that.

In short: Do not touch this game if you're a gambling addict.

Is there any way to start over with the story?
I startet the game and skipped the story to just get a feel for the game. Now I want to start over but it seems that's not possible.

Is there any way to start over with the story?
I startet the game and skipped the story to just get a feel for the game. Now I want to start over but it seems that's not possible.

I you want to start over, you have to create a new account.

But why start over? - you can't do something really wrong in Genshin Impact.

It's just that I didn't pay attention to the story and tutorial the 1st time.
Guess I'll have to create antoher mail address then.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom