GOG Games - Winter Sale

I bought Wizardry 6, 7 and 8. Wiz 5 and 6 are impossible for me to play. I can't get over the graphics and I don't have the nostalgia factor with them that chamrs me with the first 4. They're back to full price now tho.

I bought King of Dragon pass for pennies and wished I hadn't. I think ut ports better to a mobile game but it reminds me of some of those text based games of the early 80's - not interaction fiction but kind of spreadsheet choice games. Nice stills tho.

Oh, I also bought The Moment of Silence. The voice acting so far is great - it takes a lot of the silliness away, such as a New York that reminds you more of Tokyo.

--

Today they have ARcanum for $1.50 and a King's Quest package. Darklands is also $1.50. System Shock 1 Enhanced is $5. M&B Warband is $5 - I hear tell its worth it?

Last edited:
Today they have ARcanum for $1.50 and a King's Quest package. Darklands is also $1.50. System Shock 1 Enhanced is $5. M&B Warband is $5 - I hear tell its worth it?

That's a good price for M&B Warband. :)

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

For the first time (with the exception of "Mysteries of Westgate", which came out in 2009) I spent money for something that does not exist. I bought Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC and Shadowrun: Hong Kong for like a tenner. I only did this, because I've given up hope for a REAL boxed release some weeks ago.

I hope this remains a single stray from the true path of gaming for me.

Serpents in the Staglands on sale 60% off.
Haven't had a chance to play this yet. Just picked it up.

The main draw of this game IMO is the sheer originality and general atmosphere of the world it inhabits. If you can survive the early learning curve/levels and get out onto the map then you'll likely enjoy the game, though forgottenlore found another barrier in the puzzle part of the map AFAIR, though I thought this part was really well done and kind-of made the game, a sort of make or break area.

Ultimately it's the closest you'll get a to a new Balder's Gate type game in recent years (Pillars aside).

Serpents in the Staglands on sale 60% off.
Haven't had a chance to play this yet. Just picked it up.

Grabbed it too, as well as Xenonauts which is also 60% off.

That also means I have a spare DivDiv key to gift for any heathen that does not own it yet. :) Any takers?

I've tried to get into staglands but I just couldn't so far...

I can't comment on that without knowing at what point you lose interest, if it's pre-map then that's normal, if it's after visiting some new locations then that's pretty abnormal from what I've read from players around the web.

What I will say, which is going to sound really odd, is that I'm not at all excited by the free expansion. I don't know why particularly, even though I thought it was a jolly ol' time playing the game, I have no desire to continue the campaign further. Maybe a new game with a different plot and different characters, but continuing this game's plot? Nah :shrug: maybe I'll change my mind once I read/see what it's about and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom