Good, dark and hard aRPG?

What's a good (modern, if possible) and quite hard action RPG with decent graphics?

Dark Souls is great, really great atmosphere, but I'm thinking more like first Diablo (isometric)?

It doesn't have to be an action rpg, but it shouldnt be turn based. roguelikes are also ok.

It depends on what you mean by hard.

Path of Exile can be pretty much as hard as you want it to be. Same goes for Diablo 3 - if you enjoy running Rifts.

If we're talking about "interesting" hard, that's a much tougher question to answer.

I would probably have to understand what you find interesting in terms of challenge, before I can answer that question in a useful way.

I'm thinking that the tiny inventories in the free-to-play version of Path Of Exile is good thing and can help cure us of that terrible, sick and morbid hoarders syndrome we all seem to have when playing these games. I should check it out since I need healing, hallelujah.

Severance was really great but relies on tons and tons of memorized button combos to play effectively. I tried to find a way to macro those elaborate button patterns but couldn't do it so I just gave up about 2/3 of the way through. Otherwise a great, classic and unique game for its era.

Back
Top Bottom