GOTY 2021 Shortlisting the long list - Most Anticipated

Looks pretty good. Expeditions: Rome should be removed, though, already being out and all.

While I can understand the logic of removing it, since it wasn't released in 2021 and very few watchers have probably already played it, I can also see the logic of leaving it on the list.

While I can understand the logic of removing it, since it wasn't released in 2021 and very few watchers have probably already played it, I can also see the logic of leaving it on the list.

If, as a voter, you're anticipating this game, all you have to do to satisfy that anticipation is buy it and play it. I can't say that I get the logic of keeping it on here. Anyone could anticipate any game they haven't played, no matter how old it is, but that isn't the spirit of this list, is it?

If, as a voter, you're anticipating this game, all you have to do to satisfy that anticipation is buy it and play it. I can't say that I get the logic of keeping it on here. Anyone could anticipate any game they haven't played, no matter how old it is, but that isn't the spirit of this list, is it?

But this is the 2021 list, so its looking at a 2022 game from the vantage point of 2021.

But this is the 2021 list, so its looking at a 2022 game from the vantage point of 2021.

I saw this too late, but I think it should probably just be a contender for GOTY 2022 if that's what it gets to. I agree with Jfarrell that it's already out, so can't anticipate it any longer.

I see this list as the top anticipated list as of December 31st 2021. Doesn't make sense to penalize games released in january.

So for me it's good to have it here.

I see this list as the top anticipated list as of December 31st 2021. Doesn't make sense to penalize games released in january.
Yeah exactly, I think you have to look at it as "most anticipated games that release in 2022". Most people who were anticipating Expeditions: Rome probably still haven't played it yet, so if you want to be technical, they're still anticipating it. But even for those who have already begun playing it, it's not that hard to pretend you're voting what your feelings were as of Dec 31 :lol:

I'm also fine with early January games getting on the list. If we start seeing publishers altering their release schedules to take advantage of the system, we can re-visit the policy. ;)

Everything I'm anticipating is on the most recent list except one game: Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. It released into early access almost two years ago but it isn't out yet. Baldur's Gate 3 is on the list but that game's early access is missing most of the content, so most of the EA people will play the game properly once it released. I don't know if that's really true for Bannerlord, though? Has the game already peaked, even though it isn't fully released yet?

More importantly, is anyone actually anticipating Bannerlord? It remains pretty much the same game Warband was, except with more bugs and some missing stuff.

More importantly, is anyone actually anticipating Bannerlord? It remains pretty much the same game Warband was, except with more bugs and some missing stuff.

I anticipate it very much. I just don't think it will be there for 2022. But no, it got a lot of new features. Sieges, formations, unit leaders, terrain, a new main quests, kingdom management, all of these have improved. Not to mention the graphics (duh!).

I got Expeditions: Rome on day one, but I'm still anticipating it. I anticipate playing it when I'm at work or when I reluctantly go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom