Grimoire - Game is Complete

Maybe I missed something earlier in the thread, Dart, but you keep mentioning Cleve's and your theoretical hot-dog guy's "ability" to do business. I didn't read anyone saying he shouldn't be allowed to sell his product or should be banned from Steam or anything like that. All I read were a couple of people saying they didn't want to buy his product themselves. Pretty big difference.

Maybe I missed something earlier in the thread, Dart, but you keep mentioning Cleve's and your theoretical hot-dog guy's "ability" to do business. I didn't read anyone saying he shouldn't be allowed to sell his product or should be banned from Steam or anything like that. All I read were a couple of people saying they didn't want to buy his product themselves. Pretty big difference.

This was originally about why I would gladly greenlight the game.

Personally, I have no intention of buying the game - unless it gets good reviews. Even then, I probably won't - as it seems a bit too archaic for my tastes.

However, not buying the game for exclusively "moral" reasons is - to me - the exact same thing. You're actively preventing Cleve from earning a profit because you don't think he's worthy of it.

So, it doesn't really matter if it's about greenlighting the game or buying it.

Obviously, not buying the game because you think it's a bad game is a completely different thing.

I'm hoping JDR buys it and plays it first. If he likes it, then I'll bite. I'd like to hear dteowner's input too if he wanders back by.

Well, he is honoring his Indigogo backers at least. I give him a +1 for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical copies still planned for IndieGoGo backers?
Because when I die I want to be able to be buried with my copy and take it with me to the afterlife.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 8 hours ago
Yes, 100% absolutely. After Steam these goods will be assembled into a limited printing run and shipped to IndieGoGo backers. In the meanwhile Steam Keys will be issued to all backers who contributed 25$ or more.

Well, he is honoring his Indigogo backers at least. I give him a +1 for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical copies still planned for IndieGoGo backers?
Because when I die I want to be able to be buried with my copy and take it with me to the afterlife.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 8 hours ago
Yes, 100% absolutely. After Steam these goods will be assembled into a limited printing run and shipped to IndieGoGo backers. In the meanwhile Steam Keys will be issued to all backers who contributed 25$ or more.

I wouldn't give him a +1 for that. But I will refrain from giving him a -100 ;)

I never expected him NOT to honor it, though. Well, unless he died before finishing the game.

Well we can't really say that he's honoring it yet, not until one of them actually gets their physical copy. He's been promising that they would get it any day now for years.

I'm hoping JDR buys it and plays it first. If he likes it, then I'll bite. I'd like to hear dteowner's input too if he wanders back by.

After DArtagnan's return, everything can happen :D

The release of Grimoire causes a ripple effect across time and space. Things which no one thought were possible are suddenly possible. Pigs fly, hell freezes and old watchers return. Who knows what will happen next.

Personally I would not buy his game nor give him my vote, due to his past actions. That is regardless of the quality of said game. So as far as morale goes, it's definitely involved here. That said, I couldn't care less if other people buy the game or not.

Heh heh.. not going to happen. The vast majority of games in my backlog look far more interesting to me than Grimoire. :)

F*** this guy

A strange video gets shared on The Pirate Bay of an orange man getting peed on in Russia?
:lol: I'm certainly more likely to buy that! And that pains me in some ways, because I'm a big fan of blobbers.

I was a 'codex admin back when there where a lot of discussions there about how reprehensible this guy is, and was a little dismayed that the 'watch (or was it the 'dot?) gave him the time of day. And then extra dismayed after returning to the 'codex after a long hiatus to find that he was a regular there.

The guy is a scumbag who should just fade away so no one needs to read his delusional bullshit anymore.

However, not buying the game for exclusively "moral" reasons is - to me - the exact same thing. You're actively preventing Cleve from earning a profit because you don't think he's worthy of it.

Sorry DArt but that's just BS. Would you buy a "White Power" tee shirt from the Arian Brotherhood?

False equivalence, since Grimoire does not push any kind of agenda, unlike that hypothetical t-shirt.

I wasn't even referring to Clive but to the "However, not buying the game for exclusively "moral" reasons is - to me - the exact same thing" bit. But ok. Would you buy "Bugs Bunny" tee shirt from the Arian Brotherhood?

:lol: I'm certainly more likely to buy that! And that pains me in some ways, because I'm a big fan of blobbers.

I was a 'codex admin back when there where a lot of discussions there about how reprehensible this guy is, and was a little dismayed that the 'watch (or was it the 'dot?) gave him the time of day. And then extra dismayed after returning to the 'codex after a long hiatus to find that he was a regular there.

The guy is a scumbag who should just fade away so no one needs to read his delusional bullshit anymore.

Who cares? The game looks great.

I do.

1 person in the entire multiverse.

Everyone else play Grimpire :D

Back
Top Bottom