Hero-U - Post-Funding Update #61

Stats showed that not even the majority of game projects came to fruition. That's seriously worrisome.

Also his strategy worked, he is still in business and prosperous 20 years later. Sure his games mostly came short of what he wanted to make, but that's the case of every game. And the genre he is specialized in, spatial exploration and combat stimulators, is just about the most complex out there. It's quite a feat for one guy and a few contractors.

The problems with game delays and even cancellations already existed forever, it's just that with a publisher model this was clocked from the consumers.

This necessity to always placate public opinion creates an extremely perverse incentive to lie to get more money and to make it look like the game in ongoing development is more complete than it really is.

There's a reason why Kickstarter game project garners very little now, it's because the whole business model is slowly collapsing.

Stats showed that not even the majority of game projects came to fruition. That's seriously worrisome.

Also his strategy worked, he is still in business and prosperous 20 years later. Sure his games mostly came short of what he wanted to make, but that's the case of every game. And the genre he is specialized in, spatial exploration and combat stimulators, is just about the most complex out there. It's quite a feat for one guy and a few contractors.

The problems with game delays and even cancellations already existed forever, it's just that with a publisher model this was clocked from the consumers.

This necessity to always placate public opinion creates an extremely perverse incentive to lie to get more money and to make it look like the game in ongoing development is more complete than it really is.

There's a reason why Kickstarter game project garners very little now, it's because the whole business model is slowly collapsing.

No it's really not, that's simply your opinion...like your opinion derek smart makes good games...

I would honestly like to see the stats of successful kickstarter campaigns that didn't produce anything....like I said this is the only one I am worried about so far.

Are you including games that didn't get funded?

You are including projects that fail to get backed, because backers are not convinced. Like this one

This is hugely misleading, and not at all "worrysome".

You are including projects that fail to get backed, because backers are not convinced. Like this one

This is hugely misleading, and not at all "worrysome".

That's what I was thinking….of course there will be a ton that don't get funded and they shouldn't!

I'm willing to bet it is above 80% of the ones that do get funded make it to fruitation.

Back
Top Bottom