Horizon Forbidden West

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Release date finally announced - March 21, 2024

Had 2 playthroughs of the first, really enjoyed the gameplay and the story, plus the world was fantastic. Will be a day 1 purchase for me so pleased it is soon.

PC features trailer

Looks good, and it should run better than the PS5 version if you have the hardware to push it.

I have installed the first one but I haven't really started yet. Looking forward to it. :)
Nasty dry spot between the beginner area and the tower, but once you find out about the glitch, the story starts getting very good.

Nasty dry spot between the beginner area and the tower, but once you find out about the glitch, the story starts getting very good.
Yeah, if HZD has a weak point, it's those first few hours. I didn't mind them so much myself, but I can understand how they'd be off-putting to some.

Good to know!

That's more or less what I understood; I'm not bothered if the game opens a little later. RDR2 had an intro phase too, and it could be very misleading if you don't know the game changes after a short while.

More information on the PC requirements.

8d2750e16f54865fa69d48857f4e38097fcfcadc.jpg

150gigs. These games just won't let up.
On the plus side, it supports ultrawide monitors. ;)

... and it even has 48:9 triple monitor support. Who's playing that sort of game on 3 monitors?! It's quite common for sims, but that's the first time I hear about this for 3rd-person view. (It's on the Steam store page)

On the plus side, it supports ultrawide monitors. ;)

... and it even has 48:9 triple monitor support. Who's playing that sort of game on 3 monitors?! It's quite common for sims, but that's the first time I hear about this for 3rd-person view. (It's on the Steam store page)
NIXXES is probably the best porting studio out there.

150gigs. These games just won't let up.
Well, sound advancement stopped long ago. CPU speeds have largely topped out. Graphics aren't improving all that much per year now, either. If quantum computers don't start advancing fast, we might actually see game development level out in the next decade or so. Maybe that will put a stop to it.
I wonder what the FoV would need to be set to for you to see duplicates of objects at the left and right edges for things that are directly behind you...

I wonder what the FoV would need to be set to for you to see duplicates of objects at the left and right edges for things that are directly behind you...
360° or a little more, I would say. ;)

A device that is great for viewing around is TrackIR. It's a small infrared camera you fix on your monitor or somewhere in front of you, and you attach a little gadget with 3 infrared LEDs on your headset. It tracks the orientation and displacement of your head to control the view. Typically, you can look left/right, up/down by turning your head, and sometimes you can also move your head around (to look closer, behind a corner, etc). The movements are of course amplified a lot, so you still see your monitor when your character looks behind him.

No need for 3 monitors. Unfortunately, not many games support it. It's mainly used in simulators, but GTA V had a mod for it.

Back
Top Bottom