Horizon Zero Dawn - Review @ LaptopMag

Joxer and Nereida both say there’s issues in this very thread.
Yes there are. At least one was already corrected via yesterday's hotfix (slow time stops working for an unknown reason, didn't happen in my game, but I saw reports on it and there was no workaround till the patch addressed it).

The thing is stuff got blown out of proportion.
The game is not totally unplayable like Arkham Knight was. In fact I'm in it's last mission. Got almost all achievements too. Does anyone here believe I'd ever bother to finish or go almost 100% a broken pos after enduring the Skyrim torture once?
No, I didn't suddenly become an extreme masochist. Not with videogames anyway.

I reread your post and it doesn’t read like your only talking about people here in the second part of your sentence.

Sure, I suppose that comma before the second part could have completely changed the meaning. ;)

It’s a moot point anyway as Joxer and Nereida both say there’s issues in this very thread. So its still not true even if you confine it to this thread.

Nereida said she had an issue with the patch, and joxer just followed your post by saying he agrees these things are being blown out of proportion. He also said he didn't experience the issue himself.

You and I both know I acknowledged you said minority and at no point did I say you said it didn’t have any bugs so lets no try to misdirect.

Who's trying to misdirect? That's what you seemed to be implying here…
which would most likely consist of me saying it has issues and you saying it doesn’t for 2 more pages

I’m done with this line of posting though as this is the kind of going in circles I was trying to avoid. Neither one of us has anything new to add and won’t be changing our positions so again lets just agree to disagree.

You sure? Because that's what you said last time.

Not really, that's after 64 hours (I did all DLC quests and errands and stuff).

Said before, never stopped to kill any respawned trashmob but instead just ran past all of them. Did help people in random encounters 3 times, when I saw it means basically nothing to the story (unlike helping randomly bullied people in Yakuza games) never helped another. They could all rot for all I care, got sick of such boring random encounters previously in GTA5 and RDR2.

In other words if there was a proper quest, I was in. If there wasn't, sorry, not interested.
I have to mention that I didn't find all of the books and recordings. Again the problem is only some of those you find during main quests add to the lore some nice info. Those I found scattered elsewhere were all pretty much meaningless bs so I couldn't be bothered completing that "collection".

And what probably matters the most in this story - I refused to ramp up the difficulty on hardest. The game IMO has enough of challenge on normal. Yes, even with the mouse aiming.

I'm playing on Hard, but it barely makes any difference. You kill things equally efficiently by hitting weak spots as you do in normal. Maybe the difference is that you can't easily "bruteforce" fights by shooting them in non-weak points, but who would play like that?

Don't try the hardest difficulty though, it's not hard, it's just obnoxious. Amongst other things, it increases shop prices by like x5, and makes acquiring any supplies, or even your first Sharpshooting bow a living nightmare where you just grind, grind and grind shards without end. Not fun.

I'm also playing on Hard, and it feels about right to me. The only place that gave me any significant trouble so far was the final battle of the second cauldron.

I'm doing all the sidequests with the exception of the hunting grounds which don't appeal to me.

I'm playing on...who am I kidding? I'm playing survival game 3002 :D It looks parkour-ish to me, so the nut cannot play. Still may buy it one day, and play on super-duper easy mode with an I-win mod.

If I judge from the amount of posts and threads this game is fun for everyone, regardless of if you are playing it or not.

All those discussions with Youtube arguments are awesome.
I get it, most of our favorite games were totally unplayable from day 1 up to several weeks after their launch (Kingmaker anyone?) but it's a mortal sin if this one requires few small patches to solve some issues.

I am convinced now, I uninstall the game.

Back
Top Bottom