Huzzah, got my Two Worlds II Black Velvet Edition

Drithius

Magic & Loss
img1603a.jpg

I would have preferred a bigger manual, of course, but I'm happy with the packaging overall. The flip-top box in which everything resides is indeed clad in black velvet.

Did you guys ever have any issues entering 'bonus codes' within the original game? I have two codes to enter but keep getting an "incorrect bonus code" error. I posted over on the 2W2 Zuxxez forums but it doesn't seem like they get visited often.

Did you guys ever have any issues entering 'bonus codes' within the original game? I have two codes to enter but keep getting an "incorrect bonus code" error. I posted over on the 2W2 Zuxxez forums but it doesn't seem like they get visited often.
I had that with the original witcher. It was due to Poor font making O and 0 and 2 and Z almost impossible to distinguish.

If they are bonus codes specifically for PoTFF (when I got mine emailed they weren't very clear on that point) then they don't work with the base game, only with the expansion. There were gift codes for the original campaign in the Royal Edition, but I don't know if they included them in the Velvet Edition or not. If not, you should be able to find them via a search on the net without too much difficulty.

I like the Velvet box by the way. It looks very nice. I was going to get this version but I got impatient and grabbed it on Steam when it first came out. :p

I have two codes for the velvet edition, one was included alongside the serial key, and the other was emailed to me after game activation. Both are composed of numbers and only numbers, so confusing 0's and the like is not possible.

Although not vital for the game, it's still annoying. Went ahead and emailed support.

Wow! That's a very attractive little package - what are the exact contents of the box if you don't mind me asking? Any other DVD extras for instance?

When I bought the Premium edition of the Witcher 2 recently, I wasn't even aware of the full contents and thought I was just getting the basic game...got a nice surprise when I opened it all up. Many thanks of course to those kind people at CD Project.

@Drithius- Looks good, I guess I'm gonna go ahead and order my copy now.

Was it well packaged? I'm always paranoid about international orders being dinged-up by the time they reach my house.

@Pessimeister: Not shown in the previous picture is a DVD bonus disc hooked into a velvet-clad plastic liner on the bottom of the box. It has various trailers, artwork, wallpapers, and even several 100mb .pdf posters(!). Anyone have a commercial printer? :) There's also a hard plastic sleeve for the entire box; it's typical of something I'd normally throw away but I'm going to keep it to hopefully keep dust, lint, etc off the velvet exterior.

@lostforever: That is indeed the map in the back. It's doublesided and approximately 20"x35" (guessing). On the first image, you can see one of the aforementioned .pdf poster images.

img1604g.jpg

img1607ao.jpg

Sorry about the image size but you can clearly see landmarks and the corresponding legend if you zoom in. Map is very nice indeed… just hate all these creases !

@JDR: Mine arrived in near perfect condition, which was very surprising given how it had basically no extra packaging - it came inside a paper/fiber envelope.

Hey Drithius, I saw your post on the zuxxez forum but really couldn't help as I bought the expansion from Gamersgate and didn't receive codes- probably you only get the items if you are in the expansion itself.

On another note, Neil's mod over at Inside Two worlds is shaping up nicely to put the two games together as one integrated package. It is now possible to start an expansion game that starts you out from the very beginning and you can travel from the expansion to the maingame both by boat and teleport and expansion items are showing up in maingame stores.

Also, for people who refuse to play multiplayer, he has imported the multiplayer maps into the large continent of Eikronas, all 11 maps for singleplayer.He is presently devising quests to integrate those maps into the main story so that part is not finished yet but it works pretty well so far. Right now travel to those maps is limited to console jump in but working teleports now ensure you can travel freely back to the other areas of the game. Its pretty cool so far. All quests inside the maps are working.

wow nice looking map. I need to get this game now!

I can't see Black Velvet Edition in UK. They seem to have Royal Edition but thats not out yet by the looks of things. Anyone has any ideas where I can get Black Velvet Edition please?

Does the Black Velvet Edition includes the expansion which came out recently?

I'm not sure what the Royal Edition entails, but I got the Black Velvet release from Zuxxez Direkt. They also seem to have the Royal Edition for sale.

Black Velvet GotY
Royal Edition

…actually, it looks like they may be out of stock on the Black Velvet version :(

Edit: DAMN! I just caught this picture for the contents of the Royal Edition:
TWII_Content_Royal_All.jpg

Oh, you lucky sod :) I don't see any mention of PotFF though which the Black Velvet version *does* have.

Let me understand this, the Velvet edition has an actual PRINTED game manual? Is this true?

I have two codes for the velvet edition, one was included alongside the serial key, and the other was emailed to me after game activation. Both are composed of numbers and only numbers, so confusing 0's and the like is not possible.

Although not vital for the game, it's still annoying. Went ahead and emailed support.

Maybe I didn't phrase that clearly enough above, the codes are for the expansion. Try them in the expansion and I bet ta'da, they work.

Just got the Royal Edition. I was not going to get this game but the goodies in the edition made me get it :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back
Top Bottom