Irma

Glad it seems to have passed you by (mostly) unscathed, JDR. Those pictures look nasty.

I'm still blown away (too early?) by the sheer size of the storm. I know it wasn't the biggest on record, but being the size of Florida and then some is terrifying to me.

Harvey and Irma have caught my interest lately, though. I'm now starting to observe weather patterns (specifically hurricanes) on a regular basis.

There's still Jose out there, but unlikely to do damage. I really like the blogs of Dr Jeff Masters @ Wunderground:

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/jose-less-threatening-vigilance-still-required

For the most part, the comments sections to his blogs have some really knowledgeable folks posting with all kinds of cool pictures/graphics/etc.

Also glad to hear you survived, have power, and can keep on truckin'.

Best regards,

__

We were very scared that day, but good thing IRMA spared Tampa, but unfortunately, our folk at Miami did not, including their newly purchased Jeep and some aftermarket truck parts floated or washed away due to storm surge.

It was streamed to monitor its progress when hitting Florida.

Or, instead of gaming, start bodypainting, like I did. ;)

A number of bodypainting streams manage to be popular enough to be broadcast on regular basis.

He is our stream consciousness.

Anyone who made a bet that Irma was going to be the most badass hurricane this year just lost a lot of money.

Maria just entered the top 10 most instance hurricane in the Atlantic (Irma is not in the top 10) and she's still gaining strength. She's also reached the lowest pressure of any storm this year worldwide.

By the way, it's only the second time in record (goes back to late 1880) that two cat 5 makes landfall at that intensity in the same year. Oh and 2017 already busted the average hurricane season and there is 73 days left to it.

It hasn't been a good year to live on an island in the Atlantic.
Yeah - if it's not a hurricane, it's a brexit.

Back
Top Bottom