Kingdom Come - Ultra Graphics

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance is shown off in HD. Screenshots at the link provided.

Danielvonluchau, Luke and Ultimate Immersion have shared some screenshots and a video, showcasing the world of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. And as you will see below, this is a great looking game. This title also shows the power and capabilities of CRYENGINE. Because let’s be honest here: it’s been a while since we saw a really beautiful game in CRYENGINE (and while PREY had an amazing style, it did not push the graphical boundaries at all).
[...]

More information.

Really pretty game, but I'm more interested in gameplay, dialogs, options etc. Since kickstarter it has always looked ultra boring and slow to me....

When it comes to realtime lighting, nothing beats Cryengine. I hope Crytek can sort their shit out, and stick around.

Also, whoever put those forests together did a great job.

As I don't play games on 4K, I don't care about DSO's UHD eyecandy article to be honest.

On the other hand, when the game gets released, there is a huge chance mainstream reviewers will praise PC capabilities. So instead of sawing the branch I'm sitting on, now I'll just sit back, bookmark those pics to use when needed in the future and shuddup.

That is amazing. It reminds me of the Witcher 3 graphics, but much improved. It's far more realistic and believable, for example.

My issue is I'm not interested in the game's premise. I don't care about a game based on historical stuff such as 15th century court intrigue and what King is making a play for power or land or doing whatever schemes to another King somewhere in the area or other royalty. I also find books based on that junk to be unappealing. (such as Game of Thrones is a good example, ugh, that kind of stuff is so boring to me)

Take that graphics engine, then set it in a traditional fantasy world, with magic items and spells, and with traditional monsters, such as dragons, orcs, kobolds, undead, etc, and that would be an epic game.

As far as this game goes, it looks like it would be a lovely walking/hiking simulator of a long ago historical period, but that's about it. Not interesting enough to me without real fantasy elements.

Can't stand the bobbing up and down. To be honest that is not very realistic in that your eyes adjust so it is not so intense. An attempt at real-isim that is not only overdone but makes things miserable.

Looks ok, just ok. The foliage resolution, for instance, could be better. Unfortunately, nothing earth-shattering in terms of tech is going to come out of a game developed for consoles.

I just wish they'd hurry up and release already; it's one of the only projects I backed yet to launch!

Very nice indeed, although it'd be more realistic with vegetation physics. Some day I'd like to walk through a setting like that with super HD VR goggles, a set of great headphones, and tactile sensory gloves...

Can't stand the bobbing up and down. To be honest that is not very realistic in that your eyes adjust so it is not so intense. An attempt at real-isim that is not only overdone but makes things miserable.
I'd dare to say that's not gonna be the only thing making things miserable in this game :\
Looking amazingly pretty though.

This would be a good fit for some survival elements. Start a fire, roast a pig, chase chickens around the house...

It's not immersive when you cant jump or climb over a small fence in a 3d game...

It's not immersive when you cant jump or climb over a small fence in a 3d game...
Will this be in the final game too?

Very nice indeed, although it'd be more realistic with vegetation physics. Some day I'd like to walk through a setting like that with super HD VR goggles, a set of great headphones, and tactile sensory gloves…

Or you could go outside. :p

JK. I want to do the same thing! :D

True, and this is a nice area to do so. But I wouldn't get the early European atmosphere that comes with a VR experience.

Yes, I love hiking, but so far there's been a disappointing lack of enchanted groves and wizards' towers.

Yes, I love hiking, but so far there's been a disappointing lack of enchanted groves and wizards' towers.
Well, the same goes for this game. ;)

Very true. But, if they release the modding kit they've promised, we'll soon have some sorcery and monsters!

Depending on how it turns out, it could be an excellent target for Enderal-type total conversions.

Talking about Cryengine, I've been playing around with various engines, and, for all its flaws, I keep finding it tempting. For actually modelling landscapes and open levels, it's a pleasure to use. The trouble is, building the game logic is no fun at all, with hardly any good resources available for the current Cryengine V.

Unreal is wonderful on that front, and the Blueprint system is an extremely powerful way of putting gameplay together. One of the things that frustrated me is that some of their "tech demos" use experimental features that have since been largely abandoned. I've no problem with tech demos that are cranked up to the max, such that they wouldn't be practical for use in a contemporary game, but relying on unfinished and unsupported features I think is a bit much. Their Kite demo showcased an impressive open world, with excellent realtime global illumination, but using some tech that is only available in an older experimental branch. The truth is, Unreal is still focussed on level-bound designs, with static prebaked lighting. All of their efforts towards making it suited to open worlds with dynamic conditions seem to have been put on ice in favour of a great focus on VR.

So, if you want rapidly prototype some gameplay, Unreal seems a great choice. But, be aware that it is likely to demand some serious customisation if you are interested in a more open game design.

Back
Top Bottom