Kingmaker - Kickstarter Launched!

Are you aware of the fact that you're exchanging with Chien?

Meaning, you're not really exchanging. You're talking to the wrong end of a one-way misinformation-phone.

Yup, I'm aware. I'm just not a very smart guy.

I don't think we should get our hopes up for DM tools and MP :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170610-235905.jpg
    Screenshot_20170610-235905.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 66
I don't think we should get our hopes up for DM tools and MP :(

I never had my hopes up for this.

On a different note, I got a headache trying to decipher the hidden mean of the UGIGO messages above...certainly there is something there.

Even though english is not my native language, I think my grasp of the language is atleast decent for a non-native speaker. However I really struggle to understand this UgoIgo term.

Can someone please explain the difference between turn based, real time with pause and ugoIgo ? :)

This is how I would classify these games

Real time first / third person combat = Gothic, Doom, Elder scrolls, Quake and so forth.
Real Time Strategy (RTS) = command & conquer, starcraft, total war:shogun etc.
RtWp = baldur's gate, nwn, PoE, Kotor etc.
Turn based = Chess, Fallout, Worms, Civilization etc.

Now please explain which games can be definied as UgoIgo. :)

Even though english is not my native language, I think my grasp of the language is atleast decent for a non-native speaker. However I really struggle to understand this UgoIgo term.

Can someone please explain the difference between turn based, real time with pause and ugoIgo ? :)

This is how I would classify these games

Real time first / third person combat = Gothic, Doom, Elder scrolls, Quake and so forth.
Real Time Strategy (RTS) = command & conquer, starcraft, total war:shogun etc.
RtWp = baldur's gate, nwn, PoE, Kotor etc.
Turn based = Chess, Fallout, Worms, Civilization etc.

Now please explain which games can be definied as UgoIgo. :)

UGOIGO is a term coined from "You go, I go", which originally refers to board games where each player take turns. So it's really only applicable with turn based games, and even then seldom used as far as I know. The more common terms are the ones you wrote above.

I thought it's a synonym for whatchamacallit. ;)

Much appreciated. :)

I quess it is the way Chien uses the term that utterly confuses me. If he is agueing for rtwp games over turn based games, then why doesn't he simply say so? I have often noticed him making these odd remarks about "rtwp products of not having an audience" and how games such as PoE are actually ugoigo products even if those games are quite far from being turn based…

Last edited:
I quess it is the way Chien uses the term that utterly confuses me. If he is agueing for rtwp games over turn based games, then why doesn't he simply say so?
That would be way too easy. Better to waste everyone's time writing cryptic posts using terms that nobody else would ever use. He appears smarter that way!

Back
Top Bottom