Kingmaker - Released

Character hit point increases at level up are always random.

It's not random.

At lvl1: (max hitdie) + (con mod) + [1 if toughness] + [1 for favored class]
Other lvls: (hitdie/2+1) + (con mod) + [1 if toughness] + [1 if favored class]

Note that +1 hp for favored class seems to be missing on some of the race going by some discussion on Steam.

I get a feeling Kesten Garess was initially planned as romance option. He sounds a lot more interesting than Tristian or any other romance option at this point. A little disappointed lol.

I get a feeling Kesten Garess was initially planned as romance option. He sounds a lot more interesting than Tristian or any other romance option at this point. A little disappointed lol.

I was kind of invited to a threesome already, lol. I don't want to spoil knowing who the romance options are though.

I was kind of invited to a threesome already, lol. I don't want to spoil knowing who the romance options are though.

They were all presented in an update not long ago so most of us knew of them beforehand...

It's not random.

At lvl1: (max hitdie) + (con mod) + [1 if toughness] + [1 for favored class]
Other lvls: (hitdie/2+1) + (con mod) + [1 if toughness] + [1 if favored class]

Note that +1 hp for favored class seems to be missing on some of the race going by some discussion on Steam.

Thank you! That'll teach me for believing stuff I've read elsewhere.

Awaiting the Codex review before purchasing.

Sarcasm? Me?

Is there actually a Fluent review, or just a rating at this point?

Sarcasm? Me?

Is there actually a Fluent review, or just a rating at this point?

Hah. :) No Fluent Review yet, except the one I posted on Steam. It's definitely a must-play if you like Baldur's Gate. The game has quirks but it's exceptional in challenge execution and intelligent design of mechanics. The character building and creation are top-notch, and on core rules the combat is difficult but manageable if you use all the tools at your disposal. I haven't seen an RPG that required this much strategy and planning for tough encounters in a long time. It's really good.

I'm posting a video shortly showing the combat, which you may want to take a look at. It's in the General RPG thread I made about tips and tricks.

Also, the writing and voice work is good, the story and campaign is intriguing and the open-world exploration is good fun. It definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

Sounds promising. I will be waiting for a while though. The bugs still sound potentially quite serious, with disappearing saves and broken party recruitment. That sort of thing could kill it for me, which would be a shame.

Sounds promising. I will be waiting for a while though. The bugs still sound potentially quite serious, with disappearing saves, and broken party recruitment. That sort of thing could kill it for me, which would be a shame.

To be fair, I have only had 2 crashes on world map area transitions so far, no bugs. Others report differently but this is my experience. And if you set Quicksave and Autosave to 25 slots a piece, you'll never lose progress if it crashes.

And the Steam cloud sync can recover the saves. I had a buddy who got that bug and got his saves back through the cloud.

Hah. :) No Fluent Review yet, except the one I posted on Steam. It's definitely a must-play if you like Baldur's Gate. The game has quirks but it's exceptional in challenge execution and intelligent design of mechanics. The character building and creation are top-notch, and on core rules the combat is difficult but manageable if you use all the tools at your disposal. I haven't seen an RPG that required this much strategy and planning for tough encounters in a long time. It's really good.

I'm posting a video shortly showing the combat, which you may want to take a look at. It's in the General RPG thread I made about tips and tricks.

Also, the writing and voice work is good, the story and campaign is intriguing and the open-world exploration is good fun. It definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

But but, how can this be true when Silver Coin says it is only a savescumming fest?
Silver Coin is never wrong you know :D

But but, how can this be true when Silver Coin says it is only a savescumming fest?
Silver Coin is never wrong you know :D

Savescumming in Baldur's Gate was the same way. And Icewind Dale. Unless you enjoyed losing lots of progress because the next fight killed you or you stepped on a deadly trap. :)

I think we already know what the Fluent rating is for his love of the month. ;)

I have 3 loves this month - Sword Coast Legends, Bard's Tale IV and Kingmaker. Gotta spread the love around. ;)

Sword Coast didn't release this month.
What you just now tried it?

Yeah, I played about 25 hours of it earlier this month. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Have to try it on Hard to see if the challenge increases.

Back
Top Bottom