King's Bounty: Armored Princess Thread

Interesting. Thanks, Dark Savant. March 18th isn't that far down the road, so hopefully we'll see something for NA soon. I've checked Amazon, gogamer and the 1C forums and there doesn't seem to be anything out there or any official announcement yet, unfortunately, but at least they've started pressing DVDs.

Until the announcement is made, I'm quite certain I still hate y'all.

They were ridiculously late bringing the first one to the US, so I'm still hopeful. Let's hope you lose that bet, JDR.

Had to dig this thread off the second page.

First, JDR owes me $10. I didn't import it. So there! :p

Second, it's right back into the obsession. I haven't quite adjusted to the small island maps yet, though. You don't have quite as many options for picking your battles when most maps (well "most" based on the first 4 islands ;) ) are only 3 paths wide and tall, whereas most maps in KB:tL were 5x5 or 6x6.

Don't worry, it's not all small islands. :)

It is a lot less linear than KB though. You'll find yourself jumping back and forth between locations a lot more in this game, mainly to find mobs that you're strong enough to beat.

I finished my first game last night as a mage on normal. Some of those end bosses are just troop killers. I had very poor planning going into the last fight and only had 1/2 of 1 stack left when I beat him. I'm sure I could have done a lot better with a little foreknowledge of the fight but I still think it's crazy people are doing no-loss games.

No-loss games in KB was based on resurrecting and restoring dead troops during the battle, not on having no loss during all battles. No idea for KBAP, it's probably harder to achieve in KBAP.

I managed 30 battles in a row without a loss with my warrior, but I think I have to give up now all enemy stacks are strong or very strong, and to beat those without loss as a warrior is close to impossible in the beginning before the dragon get really powerful fucntions or I get enough mana to make a difference.... I think.

My 2nd playthrough was a no-loss Warrior on normal. The key is paladins and phantom-ing paladins and other troops capable of resurrecting. The worst part was losing one troop and then not getting a chance to res them because the last enemy stack gets killed by a counter-attack. Reload, try again.

I stuck to normal though, I'm sure the strategy is the same on harder difficulties, just slower and with more reloads.

I laid the game down a month or so ago at the almost finished stage because I was beginning to feel like my whole strategy of high-powered damage spells and resurrecting units made it just too predictable. Not that it was all that easy, but I basically knew I could win any battle before it started, even if it took a while and I had some heavy losses. I think playing in a no-loss mode could keep it more interesting. Also, I found the need to be able to rez things to limit your troop choices—there never seemed to be a better unit than the paladin, for instance. When I decide to go back and finish, I may try to replace everything with the dinosaur troops just for a change of pace. Has anybody used them?

I stuck to normal though, I'm sure the strategy is the same on harder difficulties, just slower and with more reloads.

On impossible you'll run into the problem before you have the phantom and resurrection spell… I'm not going to use that strategy though… it was easy to break Kings bounty… and KB: AP can unfortunately be broken too.. they need to change their thinking about resurection spells a bit for future titles.

I managed 30 battles in a row without a loss with my warrior, but I think I have to give up now all enemy stacks are strong or very strong, and to beat those without loss as a warrior is close to impossible in the beginning before the dragon get really powerful fucntions or I get enough mana to make a difference…. I think.

I mean in Impossible mode. At the beginning, still impossible mode, KBTL, no inquisitor in first battles, the trick was to get Horsemen/Knights in the Knight Tent of first area. Then you could do a long series of real no loss battles without res through Inquisitors nor the spell. If you take your time to choose any battle you can do plenty battles with zero loss and when you get Time Back and dryads to make sleep opponents it opens even more possibilities. But zero loss without any organized res through all the game, at least impossible mode, that is impossible.

EDIT: I just bought the box (no crappy immaterial version ;) ) but I won't play it before a long time as I have plenty very good game on the run. I think KBAP changed some important game mechanics involved in the various possible records.

Yes, so what is worse, abusing phantom/resurrections or being an expert killer stack dodger to get overpowered (for your level) resources?

Certainly one approach is less tedious than the other...

Definitely true, I never attempt the no death record but that's most probably a mildly fun gameplay, well in comparison of a more direct one. But the truth is that even the pure score record will involve the same tedious gameplay of abusing resurrecting, much less than no death record but still quite a lot to not lost time in running to shops for restoring resources. That said run to shops to restore resources isn't that fun too! :lol:

In fact try be overpowered even if that's difficult in Impossible mode but more easy with a Warrior, try minimize deaths for all battles and abuse a little of resurrecting and sacrifice to restore or increase stacks is the gameplay I consider the more fun that can offer the original game. I'm curious to see what's changed in KBAP.

If you worry too much about losing a few units it diminishes the enjoyment of the game imo. I didn't care about the score, or try to power-game in either KB or AP, and I think I enjoyed them more because of that.

If you worry too much about losing a few units it diminishes the enjoyment of the game imo. I didn't care about the score, or try to power-game in either KB or AP, and I think I enjoyed them more because of that.
I second this advice, the score is badly designed and at least for first plays not worry about it is the way to go. For minimizing lost I disagree a little, I found it very fun myself to try it as much than possible. I also enjoyed at replay to open more troops possibilities than random could offer you through the use of sacrifice, that too increased my enjoyment. But it's probably more for a replay because at play it's good that the game tends to make you try plenty different troops because of resource available through random.

Yeah, I really like the satisfaction of not losing any units, but if doing so becomes too tedious I let a few go... Depends on my mood, most likely. ;)

I'm looking for some advice on how to play AP, after finishing TL on easy with a mage.

I want to play on at least normal difficulty. And I'd like to shoot for an almost no-loss game, but not be too concerned about it when it gets too tedious. At the end of TL it got REAL repetitive waiting for mana and rage to regen to finish resurrecting all lost units because of dragon damage or spell damage from the apposing hero. 30 rounds....

The paladin hero sounds attractive because of the resurrect skill, but trying warrior as something as different as possible from a mage could be more interesting. Of course, if playing a mage in AP is lot different from TL then I suppose that may be an option.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom