Knights of the Chalice II - August Update

Classical and older games relied on basic graphics and representation due to hardware and software limitations of their time, but the aim has not changed which is to make games fun and bringing imagination and impact to life on the screen.

KotCII seem to be going backwards in presentation, and seems to want to rely on player imagination soley. It is also seem to be designed by the author for the author and limited few.

I think maybe so. I'll just say this and then shut up about it, because I really don't want to bash on him. It's more just a hope he might reconsider a bit.

When I look at the first one, I see what he was going for, to make a retro DnD style RPG, and he nailed it. Loads of people liked it, it won awards, and I'd say the appetite for retro pixel-art games has perhaps increased since then. If he just iterated on that, created a bigger new adventure, I think he'd have a ready market. He could even get coverage on big sites, with the reputation of the original, and probably make a decent income (which sounds like a pressing concern.)

But instead he's putting this on KS.

I just can't help thinking, "Nooo! Mate, don't do it!"

Last edited:
Award #1: Most unnecessary sequel of all time.

Award #2: Least interesting first game ever.

Award #3: Even less interesting than a sequel to Balrum.

So not buying.

Back
Top Bottom