Looking to buy....

Carnifex

SasqWatch
a new computer. What I'd like to have is windows eleven pro sixty-four bit, 32g ram, 1T SSD hard drive, nvidia graphics with four-10gigs, intel board i7/i9 doesn't really matter and number of cores can be any. Any suggestions where to buy, I'd rather avoid places like Best Buy, etc because I don't want bloat programs on the computer. And a low price would be ideal. -)

Last edited:
If you don't want to build your own dell tends to be the best bet; esp when they are on sale during black friday till christmas. I'd look at i5 systems; but if those are too expensive than i3; all the new systems will have and support windows 11; i'd buy it with a gpu since they tend to be discounted when purchased as a system; not sure how high-end you want to go; also i personally go with ssd; and no longer use hdd these days.

Avoid Lenovo, it's Chinese crap products with unknown components and zero support.

Dell isn't bad, but for desktops they tend to make non-extensible systems with very small cases, so that's one point to watch carefully with them. If that's the same as here, the gaming PCs are under the Alienware brand, that they bought a few years ago. But there's not much choice there except extreme systems, and you shouldn't hesitate to look other series like XPS.

But for pre-built PC with some degree of configurability, I prefer hardware shops who have a few series. I don't know the US market though.

I bought this PC two weeks ago:

+ ASUS PRIME Z690-A, Mainboard
+ be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black, CPU-cooler
+ be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W, PC-power
+ Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR5-5600 Kit, RAM
+ be quiet! PURE BASE 500DX Window, Tower
+ SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, SSD
+ Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 GHOST 12GB, Grafic-Card
+ Intel® Core™ i5-13600K, Processor

for 1965 Euro inclusive building and shipment

I really like it - only the onboard Intel LAN chip was not working with Win11 -
so I bought an additional
+TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit PCI-E net card for 15 Euro

I've checked out quite a few sites over the past week and I'll likely be making a purchase on Boxing day, hoping for a decent sale somewhere. If anyone sees anything prior to that or on the day of, please let me know.

I've checked out quite a few sites over the past week and I'll likely be making a purchase on Boxing day, hoping for a decent sale somewhere. If anyone sees anything prior to that or on the day of, please let me know.
It would be very difficult to recommend an actual computer without a better understanding of the type of gpu you are seeking. There is a huge difference in performance and cost between a 4090 and a 3060 yet both would meet your requirements. Naturally if a 3060 meets your need there is absolutely no need to spend the extra money for a 4090. I would recommend a reliable ssd; mid range i5 alder lake (or amd equiv); 16gb of ram and appropriate level gpu. I know you play a lot of games that do just fine with a 3060 but what i do not know is if you would benefit from something faster - which is mostly required for action oriented games with more life like rendering.

Ah well, this here would mostly fit your bill. Even better graphics that HiddenX for a lower price. And if you dont like it Costco will take it back. No Fuss.

(I'm using a Lenovo Legion laptop myself. no issues whatsoever)
I'm not looking for a computer.

Their laptops are OK, though they used to be better, now I prefer Dell. But stay away from the desktops. As I said, they're using unknown components (MB, graphics card mainly) and there is no support.

It would be very difficult to recommend an actual computer without a better understanding of the type of gpu you are seeking. There is a huge difference in performance and cost between a 4090 and a 3060 yet both would meet your requirements. Naturally if a 3060 meets your need there is absolutely no need to spend the extra money for a 4090. I would recommend a reliable ssd; mid range i5 alder lake (or amd equiv); 16gb of ram and appropriate level gpu. I know you play a lot of games that do just fine with a 3060 but what i do not know is if you would benefit from something faster - which is mostly required for action oriented games with more life like rendering.
The biggest determining factor of what video card you need is what monitor you're using (resolution and refresh), which he didn't mention, so yeah that's truly guesswork. In the OP, Carnifex mentioned "nvidia graphics with four-10gigs" which I actually tried to decipher for a while but failed :LOL: I'd generally read that as wanting NVIDIA video and four 10-gig ethernet ports, but that seems unlikely in this case...

With the video card I was giving a range of dedicated ram on the card itself. Yeah, I am a computer noob, hence why I'm asking for assistance. =) A 3060 would work just fine for me, don't need any of the 4k cards. I'll just be using an old monitor for now.

If you're still using 1080p 60Hz, you don't need much, unless you care about ray tracing. But I wouldn't get an RTX 3060, should get a 3060 Ti instead, lots of extra performance at very little extra price.

Gee, lucky you want windows eleven pro sixty-four bit because I don't think windows eleven pro even has thirty-two bit support!

Personally, I'm waiting to see how the AMD 7800 X3D turns out.

13600K is awesome, KF will save a few more bucks, could even get the 13400 without the ecores. I've seen benchmarks where performance in games actually improves with them disabled in bios. If you're going Intel you can still go with DDR4 which will be cheaper.

Also agree about the 3060ti.

Computer ordered! I wound up getting the following:

-Intel twelve core I7-2700
-3060 TI
-32 g ram
-Windows eleven
-one terrabyte SSD

Price seemed reasonable, I should receive the computer in a about twelve business days, they said.

That's a big affirmative on both the intel brand and the NVMe SSD. I'll just have to hope my monitor works with it and that I can actually figure out how to install windows eleven, lol.

Back
Top Bottom