Lords of Xulima II - About the Sequel

Well, hopefully their new game: Tanked and Bankrupt, doesn't stop Xulima 2 from seeing the light of day.

I don't understand this hostility to their new game when it is completely unknown even the type of game (other than it is not pure RPG and not LoX 2), especially coming from fans of their first game.

I have zero interest in their "interim" game that isn't an rpg, so hopefully they'll have enough money to make a 2nd rpg after losing money on their "other" idea.
Who they think they are to have ideas on their own? Incredible :p

I on the other hand hope that they make a great game that non RPG fanatics may enjoy and get tons of money so that they can make the best possible sequel.

I say their new game is The Arena Battles :)
Anyway, finished LoX , killed every monster, picked all stuff, maxxed out all chars and skills to the roof. I liked it very much.

By the way i found Gaulen very interesteing character, and i think he added a lot of flair to my party

I don't understand this hostility to their new game when it is completely unknown even the type of game (other than it is not pure RPG and not LoX 2), especially coming from fans of their first game.

Who they think they are to have ideas on their own? Incredible :p

I on the other hand hope that they make a great game that non RPG fanatics may enjoy and get tons of money so that they can make the best possible sequel.

The hostility comes from seeing tons of developers waste their time and money on other ideas, only to run out of money when it comes time for the sequel. See, here's the thing: Xulima was a kickstarter paid for by RPG fans. The money earned from RPG players is now being used to make a non-rpg. Do you see the problem with this?

If they take all the profit from their RPG and put it in the bank for Xulima 2, then I'm okay with that. Let the genre lovers of their non-rpg pay for that game's development.

The hostility comes from seeing tons of developers waste their time and money on other ideas, only to run out of money when it comes time for the sequel. See, here's the thing: Xulima was a kickstarter paid for by RPG fans. The money earned from RPG players is now being used to make a non-rpg. Do you see the problem with this?

If they take all the profit from their RPG and put it in the bank for Xulima 2, then I'm okay with that. Let the genre lovers of their non-rpg pay for that game's development.

Yeah, I see the problem with it. You kickstarted a game. The devs gave you a great 100+ hour game but somehow you think that's not enough and people that kickstarted the first game should be able to dictate what thier next game will be.

They made the game that was kickstarted and fulfilled thier obligation, therefore they don't owe anyone a sequel and are free to make what they want.

Um what? the money they made on kickstarter was for the first game none other.

You can't expect them to continue on with exactly what you want for a sequal you haven't paid for at all.

+1 to sakichop and rune_74, no need to add anything else on my side.

Back
Top Bottom