Microsoft Games - Shadowrun Plans

Why can't the owners of Shadowrun recognize that a bad game could hurt the value of their IP? They should say "no" to Microsoft.

Why can't the owners of Shadowrun recognize that a bad game could hurt the value of their IP? They should say "no" to Microsoft.

Because (I think) Microsoft is owner of the IP and they allowed HBS to make Shadowrun games.

luj1 said:
Haha. Well they are clearly so disconnected with reality.

Well, if you deal with Microsoft you cant really tell them that there was enough of modern crap like ME, DAI or Shadow of War so you want to make RPG classic like Fallout, Ultima 7, BG, Torment.... :)

Because (I think) Microsoft is owner of the IP and they allowed HBS to make Shadowrun games.

Hmm it seems to be true. If Microsoft will decide to do own Shadowrun game in style of some Destiny clone that is the WORST scenario for Shadowrun franchise. I dont know details about licence agreement between HBS and Microsoft but Microsofi would probably block any other future Shadowrun games so… no interesting RPG anymore because Microsoft wants own 3D action MP sci-fi game.

We can hope it wont happen. HBS told they would like to do another Shadowrun with more modern 3D graphics (using engine of Battletech).

Shadowrun series is the closest thing to ME series, and knowing that unlike ME series it's not a whole but three rather distinctive episodes with only some winks links.

Back
Top Bottom