Might & Magic VI - The Mandate of Heaven

Levels and levels and levels,,,Oh my!

Finished the game and completed all known quests.
Levels attained 126-127! Yike!
A great game, and recommended to all.
Now I will look at MM VII again, and let you you know where it crashed for me.
I used a druid ( Corwin's advise ), and would again if I play VI again.

Congratulations. I usually give up at about the third crystal quest. In VII, Druids are a bit nerfed but still the only class that can max alchemy, I think, which is useful, though not as useful as maxing light or dark magic.

Now I will look at MM VII again, and let you you know where it crashed for me.
I used a druid ( Corwin's advise ), and would again if I play VI again.

What OS are you using? I'm wondering if I should ever bother to play M&M VII. I would hate to invest a lot of hours only to discover that I can't complete the game because of a repeating crash at some point.

Ain't no crashes in my copy when played in Win98 and WinXP, so I wouldn't get overly worried. Only PITA problem is the soul jar bug (if you play evil), which Mok's patch supposedly fixes.

I never had a crash in VII outside of Arcomage, (which just crashes back to the main game not even a ctd IIRC)and I've completed it in 98 and XP both light and dark paths on three different machines. :)

I'm playing in Vista.
My XP computer was stolen, along with my Wizardry 8 disk #3.
Bummer.

New version of GrayFace MM6 patch

New in version 1.4:
[+] InventoryKey option lets you open character's inventory screen by pressing 'I' instead of clicking a character portrait. Set it to 0 to disable.
[+] ToggleCharacterScreenKey opens or closes character screen. The default key is '~'. Set it to 0 to disable.
[+] FreeTabInInventory allows you to select dead characters by Tab key while in character screen.
[+] Recovery Time value is displayed in Attack and Shoot descriptions.
[+] PlayMP3 option lets you play MP3 files instead of CDAudio. Default is 0 (disabled). (see ReadMe for details)
[-] You could drink from fountains multiple times if all party members are inactive.
[-] FixDualWeaponsRecovery fixes wrong recovery time calculation for characters wielding a weapon in second hand. Dual-wielding was useless before the fix due to doubled recovery time. After the fix it works as in MM7 and MM8.
[-] Keys mapping didn't work for some special keys, e.g. Page Up.
[-] Now all sounds are stopped when MM6 is deactivated.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9704

Wow. I thought World of Xeen was the best of the series, but 6 is right up there.

I bought MM VI a few weeks ago on a flea market.

Wow - have to bookmark those - great work!

Grayface is still working on patches for M&M 6-8. Great stuff.
Very nice indeed, especially the key setup utility for MM6. Finally some WASD goodness for that game.

Edit:
PS. for the op and others, another good site for MM info.
Double Edit: After reading the thread, I see some of you were already familiar with the site. Ah well.

Last edited:
Are you saying IX ruined M&M as a whole for you ... or just that you haven't liked anything new since it came? ;)

Let's just say I kinda lost my enthusiasm for the series because of it :)

I got a lot of enjoyment out of Mandate, but for some reason I never got that far into 7 or 8. I probably had other things at the time, but I've always wanted to go back and get me some good old-style hack and slash.

I loved the style and charm of NWC's games - and I think it's tremendously sad to see HoMM and M&M develop like they did in the end.

There is no MM after VIII. Don't try to convince me otherwise. The series ended with VIII. Period.

I still consider MMVII one of the finest games ever made, and while MMVIII is not as good as VI or VII, it's still a worthy end to the series.

There is no MM after VIII. Don't try to convince me otherwise. The series ended with VIII. Period.

I still consider MMVII one of the finest games ever made, and while MMVIII is not as good as VI or VII, it's still a worthy end to the series.
I believe the appropriate internet jargon is

QFT

Back
Top Bottom