Morrowind - The Story of Rebirth

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN The modders behind Rebirth for Morrowind tell the story behind the mods creation.

Have you ever looked at an in-game object and thought about its positioning or placement? For Morrowind Rebirth creator Trancemaster_1988 such minor detail has been a fascination for more than a decade as he's steadily worked on his passion project. This attention to detail seems to explain why Rebirth has been in development since 2010 as even the smallest, most easily overlookable details can take weeks to implement.

This is something that RubberMan - a long-time friend of Trancemaster - who creates dialogue, models, and features such as the banking system in Rebirth, knows well. He recalls how Trancemaster once requested that all the furniture in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind be redesigned so that it'd easier to place flat objects on them.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

He's still at it..?? Wow. I remember like 8 years ago when he contacted me about using my trees for Rebirth. Morrowind is such a fun game to mod though, i can understand him, way more fun than to mod Skyrim or Fallout which is often just frustrating.

Wow. Its been a while since I have had a joy of listening to the morrowind main theme… The morrowind rebirth 4,8 release trailer makes me want to install Morrowind and play it non stop. :happycry:

Yep, I think that's worth posting here. Even today, that video makes me want to go exploring that world, far more than many modern bland games. Despite the fact I know the combat is like slapping shop dummies with a wet fish.

Morrowind can look stunning until you see something move. It desperately needs a new animation system along with a combat overhaul

Yep, I think that's worth posting here. Even today, that video makes me want to go exploring that world, far more than many modern bland games. Despite the fact I know the combat is like slapping shop dummies with a wet fish.
Of course you realize someone had to follow up this

pibbur who was tempted to post the 1-hour version.

I always get nostalgic when I see projects like that. I should probably look at this mod sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom