Name that game!

Another one:

3788374871_beeafc8e96_o.jpg

That's Wizards and Warriors.

Okay, since nobody guessed mine, I'll spill the beans. It's TaskMaker, an Ultima III -like game for the Mac from 1993. The world was actually bigger than Ultima III's, there were a lot more objects to interact with in more interesting ways (e.g. one quest involved baking bread), and it was generally pretty damn good for the time. Released as shareware and never made it off the Mac AFAIK.

There was a sequel as well, IIRC called Tomb of the TaskMaker.

IMO the biggest factor limiting its appeal was the name. It sounds like your mom making you take out the garbage, then do the dishes, then clean up your room, then hang out the laundry, and finish off triumphantly by mowing the lawn. But it wasn't like that at all.

(It used to be available at Home of the Underdogs, and apparently plays pretty well inside emulators. Unfortunately the file was lost in the crash.)

Dude, let me tell you, you played some really obscure games!

I'll see if I can contribute to this thread somehow, even though so far I knew none of the screenshots. Don't know if I can find the game I have in mind though ...

And I'm pretty sure your screenshot is from 'Star Trail,' but that picture is pretty obscure.

Right Company, wrong Game - although it could be that they never released it outside of Germany :(

Edit:
The Pic with the werewolf/bear-character gives me headaches - I dimly remember some Shapechanger-Game, but I just don't remember anything more about it :(

@Sir Markus: your 2nd pic is from ShadowCaster (Kirt in Maorin form). And I never noticed that Hexen's Korax was also in Black Crypt, but since both games were made by Raven I guess enemy recycling is legitimate...

I'm a Raven fangirl, Shadowcaster is on my list of all-time favorite games, and I know of at least one other forum member who played it (--> Corwin), so it can't be thisobscure, can it? :)
Let me see if I can add something as well... not quite from an RPG, but...

Attachments

• gameguess1.jpeg
    gameguess1.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom