Non-RPG General News - RPG Codex's Top Non-RPG PC Games

Yeah, I would have included the original F.E.A.R. for sure. At least Blood made the list though, and that was actually the first game Monolith developed.

I loved Blood and it felt such a revolution in setting, graphics and fun factor. Monolith were ahead of their time in their game developments and remind me of Raven and Volition.

I suspect System Shock 2 isn't on the list because they consider it an RPG.
Probably the same for Deus Ex and quite a few other Arkane games.

Same question I always have for these sorts of polls… are you asking for the best games to play now or the best for their time? Games you had the most fun with will skew toward the latter so I'm guessing that's how people rated.

Under that system, I would put

1. X3: Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude
  2. Saints Row: The Third
  3. BattleTech
  4. Sacrifice
  5. Civ 5, Sword of the Stars 2, Sword of the Stars 1, or Master of Orion 2… I can't decide which

Homm3 on #1 is fix.
I played pirated game for more than 20 years and bought it last Christmas as it deserves it, still great game.

I do not know why warcraft3 is above warcraft2 as w2 was gamechanger for whole RTS at that time and can still be played today without any frustration. The first moment I run demo version and saw the game I thought that graphics and gameplay can't be better than it is :D

Panzer general is also too low, game is definitely playable today and at the time was something amazing and wonderful.

Warhammer: DARK OMEN… Best warhammer game ever. If you manage to run it on your machine still playable by today standards.

And yes, I just spoke with friends and we just noticed that nineties were golden age for humanity in all different kind of things(sports, gaming, music, freedom…).
Today you have too much rules, constraints and politically correct way of living.

Back
Top Bottom