Non-RPG General News - Tomb Raider has 25 Years

I saw and tried the first one somewhere around the 2000's on a play station 1 I think it was. Didn't really grab me at the time. I've become a fan since then. A while ago I got a bundle with all the games up to the last reboot. Played and basically enjoyed TR1 using keyboard in DosBox. I've now played and enjoyed every title since Legend. Am yet to finish Shadow.

I think you can see times changing somewhat with the recent iterations. Lara's still attractive but not in the overt way she used to be portrayed. I'd prefer if the new titles didn't basically show you where to jump and grab on to etc. I'd like to be able to turn those prompts off. The newer games also seem to have a lot more combat which is ok but I think is moving away from the adventure game spirit a bit. Still, those are minor things. The latest games look awesome and I have fun playing them. Barring complete train wrecks it's pretty much guaranteed I'll play future titles.

I have not yet played the new ones, except for the Tomb Raider reboot (which is good, but not as good as the hype says it is, IMHO), but they are in my game library.

My all time favorite remains Tomb Raider: Anniversary, just an absolute masterpiece, have thought so ever since I played it.

Back
Top Bottom