Planescape: Torment - Countdown to EE?

Fair enough. Good thing they include a copy of the original games then, eh? :)

Except that does nothing for people who just want the original by itself. Like for instance those who might have purchased the EE version before they began packaging the original version with it.

Hmm. Can owners of the EE request a copy of the originals if they don't have them? That seems like a reasonable thing that would be offered by Beamdog or GOG.

So the logical conclusion is that this is a immoral cash grab at best and at worst a rape of a great game if they add some of the bad content they like to add.
Ironic that this is the coming from the same person who's touting the StarCraft remaster as some kind of great remake. :)
And are you really putting the amateurish EE in the same basket as anything done by Blizzard? The same EE which got outclassed by fan-made mods?

Allow me to agree in that SC:R is light-years ahead of what *any* EE will *ever* be. Light. Years.

Light years.

Blizzard has a few more dollars to throw at something like that, too, huh?

Doesn't matter. The deal here is that Beamdog just doesn't have the love and passion for what they do.

And are you really putting the amateurish EE in the same basket as anything done by Blizzard? The same EE which got outclassed by fan-made mods?

Allow me to agree in that SC:R is light-years ahead of what *any* EE will *ever* be..

Sure bud. Agree all you want. Opinions are like.... well, you know the saying.

Doesn't matter. The deal here is that Beamdog just doesn't have the love and passion for what they do.

Lol, what? I assure you, money most certainly matters. Comparing a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard who can print money for their projects to Beamdog is not even close to fair.

We have a german saying, the opposite of good is well-meant.

I didn't start this argument Fluent. Tell that to JDR.

And Fluent you need to understand that fans did better on enhancing these games than Bumdog did with EE. With no funding. And it's free. It has less to do with how much money you got.

You aren't making a game from scratch, you're modding a 20 year old game for fuck's sake. Almost anyone can do it.

Sure bud. Agree all you want. Opinions are like…. well, you know the saying.

Sure pal. Except that some opinions are well informed, and some aren't. But then again, you're the person who said, (without doing his homework)

All Blizzard is doing is upping the resolution and giving it widescreen support.

- every unit sprite remade (not only "upped" resolution)
- every building sprite remade (ditto)
- every terrain tileset remade (ditto)
- improved UI appearance
- improved music and sound-effect quality
- improved all campaign cinematics to FullHD
- new comic-style illustrations to enhance storytelling
- new unit portraits
- new matchmaking system (!)
- full connectivity to Blizzard’s gaming network for social features and updates
- cloud saves for campaign, custom maps, replays and keybinds
- localized in 13 langauages
- added spectator mode
- added 4K and UHD support
- added Win7/Win8/Win10 compatibility
- uses the same gameplay code as Brood War

And add to this,

- a new patch for BW
- making SC and BW completely free to download
- one player can play on 1.18 and the other on SC:R
- even if the players play on standard BW, observers can cast it in HD
- old replays will play and work under StarCraft: Remastered.
- bug fixes

Now that's something you can put a price-tag on. But since you mocked that, take a look at Bumdog who're supposed to polish the games, yet often what they tamper with comes out unpolished and unprofessional. Keep in mind I own many of these EE.

EE are done by amateur SJW who don't only suck at what they do, but also dare (!) to change cult companions and story elements! And you're asking to pay for it, lol!

I'm sure if Beamdog could print money they'd do all the fancy stuff, too. It's still an unfair and silly comparison.

With what Beamdog did do and continues to do within their means, I'm grateful. I don't see many developers lining up to add multiplatform online and offline multiplayer to an almost 20 year old CRPG. If this is some common occurrence and I missed it then please correct me. And there's no need to respond about how you don't care about multiplayer because it turns out that some people do care about it and enjoy it.

EE are done by amateur SJW who don't only suck at what they do, but also dare (!) to change cult companions and story elements! And you're asking to pay for it, lol!

Dude, just do yourself a favor and stfu. The EE titles are exactly what they were advertised to be, enhanced editions. They're not remakes or remasters. They're there for the people who want them. If you hate them that much and yet you own them, then you're the idiot for buying them. The majority are perfectly happy with them though and the user reviews reflect that.

As far as the StarCraft remaster is concerned, my comment was is regards to the visuals. It's funny that you would list a bunch of things that have nothing to do with what I was talking about as if it disproves that the visual improvements are minor at best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kE-Wxxfpjk
Yeah…those are some heavy-duty visual enhancements there. :)

I have tried the remove companions mod already thanks.

The BGEE just doesn't feel the same even without the new companions. The classes aren't the same which destroys game balance, the UI is fudged and the journal is no longer organic, the walk rate is sped up which throws the combat timings out, the graphics too smoothed over and blurry, the creature spawn rates are wrong or not present, the game is still quite buggy…too many things. The Beamdog team have a completely different idea of improved to me. We are not compatible.

Its just not the intended experience. I would like to see a mod for the original that fixed the UI for a higher resolution and that would do me.

But a higher resolution wasn't the intended experience.;)

Just messin with ya Silver. I know how annoying it can be when something you're passionate about is messed with. ( looking at you transformers.:mad: )

20$ is a little steep for the work involved, but it's not like anyone is forced to buy it.

I'm not getting into doing business versus having morals :)

I might get it myself, as I never actually completed it - but I'll likely wait for a sale.

Welcome to the watch NewDArt, you should tell us a little about yourself in the introduce yourself thread.

Don't worry if posting on an Internet forum is a little intimidating at first they're plenty of veteran posters here at the watch that can show you the ropes and the nuances of posting.;)

Welcome back.:)

Welcome to the watch NewDArt, you should tell us a little about yourself in the introduce yourself thread.

Don't worry if posting on an Internet forum is a little intimidating at first they're plenty of veteran posters here at the watch that can show you the ropes and the nuances of posting.;)

Welcome back.:)

I'll keep my head down!

Thank you ;)

I wake up only to find that DArt has returned. God help us all. :D

And welcome back. :)

dble post

Back
Top Bottom