Post your old stereo equipment

I used to have an early 70s pioneer amplifier in silver but nowadays I use a boring 90s harman-kardon and thorens and ariston turntables everything sounds good but it´s not much fun to look at

I´m afraid that I´m one of those insufferable types who has thrown away almost all cds and only listens to vinyl and shellac

Last edited:
Not fully related to the topic, but all of my "modern fandangled" mp3 players have had a tendency to break down. I reckon I've bought around 4-6 of them over the years. The irony of this story is that my Sony cassette walkman from the early 90's still functions perfectly and has outlived every single mp3 player and gone through so much more usage. I know most people use phones these days (ugh! I'll never conform!) but I'm still reluctantly shopping for another player.

As far as actual stereo stuff is concerned, I still have a vintage His Masters Voice vinyl player that I use sometimes. It can play a little slower after awhile though.
My dad also still has the state of the art Akai system he bought in the 80's although it has gone through some changes over the years. The turntable for that is beautiful; one of the best I've ever used.

That open-reel deck I posted is still going strong after decades. Audio tape is still a perfectly viable medium. Personaloy, I'm in the camp of preferring analog sound. From a technical perspective, while a cassette tape might not cut it, you can get the same sound quality out of 15 IPS reels as you can a CD.

I have used tape-reels for sound experiments and have owned at least two players the problem is i never use them after a while

Today when I do shows I usually use old walkmans and cassetes instead
I guess my problem is that I can´t play any proper instruments so I tend to be more intressted in manipulating the distortions and electronics and walkmans are far more portable also when in in overdrive they give a very special distortion reel tape on the other hand is far to good soundwise for my purpose

Back
Top Bottom