Witcher 3 Preloading and Unlock Time

The Witcher 3

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
7:00 pm Eastern Time? An odd time for sure. Games are usually unlocked at either Midnight or sometime in the early afternoon.

I guess I'll be hitting the gym early that day. :)

Wait a minute, I thought 19. stands only for NA and the rest of the world is set for 22.
So NA audience can betatest the game till friday and those outside of NA who have second thoughts on preordering can preorder it in 3 days window or not buy at all.

That's what I did with DA3 and Sims4. Only when NA players said rare CTD, rare bugs I "preordered" them a day before international release because the option was still available outside of NA.

I guess that means 1.00 AM for me.

Bah, I can't stay up that late with work the following day :(

This is hilarious. They said fuck you to Europe that was their biggest fan since TW1 and went for US market.

Are you serious?

They are releasing it at midnight on the 19th in London UK.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

If you check the above link of time zones they are just releasing it worldwide at the same time.

Edited notes: That is two hours before their home Country even

7:00 pm Eastern Time? An odd time for sure. Games are usually unlocked at either Midnight or sometime in the early afternoon.

The game release at the same time worldwide, the midnight is set on GTM 0 (London).

I'm surprised that I will get to play a few hours next Monday though.

I guess that means 1.00 AM for me.

Bah, I can't stay up that late with work the following day :(

I had the day booked off until I got the call on Friday from the owner of the company I work for that me and him are heading out of town for meetings with a supplier.

Company owners are evil.

I had the day booked off until I got the call on Friday from the owner of the company I work for that me and him are heading out of town for meetings with a supplier.

Well, my reasoning - weak as it is - is that the game is clearly going to be huge - and I'd need at least a full week to get anywhere near the finish line, and I'd rather wait until the GF is out of town or something. I'd just be torn between her and the game as it is :)

This is hilarious. They said fuck you to Europe that was their biggest fan since TW1 and went for US market.
No. :)
As azarhal pointed out, it's a worldwide simultaneous release.

That's the way it should be done imho.

Even if it wasn't simultaneous - I have to laugh at people who make it into a "fuck you". I mean, where do you get that kind of mindset?

Well, my reasoning - weak as it is - is that the game is clearly going to be huge - and I'd need at least a full week to get anywhere near the finish line, and I'd rather wait until the GF is out of town or something. I'd just be torn between her and the game as it is :)

I know with the TW2 I worked from home most of the week it was released. This one I think I will take my time with as I don't think replays of it will be as easy as the first two.

They are even releasing in the UK 2 hours before they are in their home country....

So @#$%# you for not understanding that LOL and I don't really mean @#$#@ you :)

I know with the TW2 I worked from home most of the week it was released. This one I think I will take my time with as I don't think replays of it will be as easy as the first two.

I took time off for TW2 - but that was a relatively short game in comparison. I believe I spent around 45 hours with it.

Also, my GF at the time was less likely to make me feel torn :wideeyed:

Are you serious?

They are releasing it at midnight on the 19th in London UK.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

If you check the above link of time zones they are just releasing it worldwide at the same time.

Edited notes: That is two hours before their home Country even
You might have missed my point. 19th is Tuesday. Normal people don't start playing games at midnight or 1 AM on working days. That means most of the Europe. So they said fuck you to EU and put it at times that are evening US where people can play it for few hours and go normally to work next day. People in EU cannot do that.

You might have missed my point. 19th is Tuesday. Normal people don't start playing games at midnight or 1 AM on working days. That means most of the Europe. So they said fuck you to EU and put it at times that are evening US where people can play it for few hours and go normally to work next day. People in EU cannot do that.

I see so what would you have them do so they weren't screwing you??

They are even releasing in the UK 2 hours before they are in their home country….

1 hour Celtic. Despite Cold War name calling Poland is located in Central and not Eastern Europe :)

Basically next monday in Europe will look like this:

- return from work
- instantly go to sleep
- it's 0-2am (depending on location) wake up!
- play till you need to go to work
- work
- return from work and play till you faint of exhaustion
- don't show at work and get fired
- play the game!

Back
Top Bottom