Prey - Trial Available

No. He's confusing plot with the pisspoor excuse for grinding.

What grinding? Monsters stay dead forever per act. Once a new act starts there is a respawn but almost every game does this. You can't force respawns except through advancing the story.

For those interested in trying Prey, ignore Joxer's false warning. Prey has very, very little respawn that even a girl scout could handle. I assume he got beat up by mimics and couldn't finish…. :evilgrin:

If you like System Shock 2, this is a no-brainer purchase.

I don't even like games set in space or limited environments and I suck at shooters. This was still a pretty fun game with great exploration.

Last edited:
What grinding? Monsters stay dead forever per act. Once a new act starts there is a respawn but almost every game does this. You can't force respawns except through advancing the story.

For those interested in trying Prey, ignore Joxer's false warning. Prey has very, very little respawn that even a girl scout could handle. I assume he got beat up by mimics and couldn't finish…. :evilgrin:

If you like System Shock 2, this is a no-brainer purchase.

That's not quite true. At least, not on Nightmare difficulty - which I played at.

Exactly like the norm in this genre, there are limited respawns as you go back and forth the station. There are also respawns at certain story developments - but they are separate from the others.

The entire game is designed around the station being a "giant hub" with lots of intended backtracking - unlike most others that have a much more linear progression.

The respawns are there to keep the tension alive as well as provide a dynamic economy, so the player will have an incentive to fight or avoid fighting as he sees fit in line with his goals.

As for joxer, I hope most people understand that he's not to be taken seriously when he's on a tirade.

You can tell, because it means he'll comment excessively negatively about the subject at every single mention of it.

When he's not on a tirade, he's a little more balanced and can sometimes let people enjoy something even if he does not.

I know. I'm on a baiting mission this week. Some weeks I just troll. This is one.

Hey, I play on easy mode!

Back
Top Bottom