Pricewatch!

Talos Principle is good - I played it and really liked it. (Well, it's good assuming you like spatial puzzles, obviously.)

I picked up the God Eater games to see what they are like. Kinda so-so so far but I've still got a lot to learn and the story really hasn't started up yet.

AoW 3 is 75% off At Steam (=$7.50).

But the DLC are only 49% off for the whole bundle (=$25 total).

Yikes!

So, will wait on this longer…

Last edited:
Talos Principle is good - I played it and really liked it. (Well, it's good assuming you like spatial puzzles, obviously.)

I picked up the God Eater games to see what they are like. Kinda so-so so far but I've still got a lot to learn and the story really hasn't started up yet.

I played it for about two hours and can see why people like it, but I get bored of puzzles quickly. I like puzzles to kill time, but not as a main form of entertainment.

AoW 3 is 75% off At Steam (=$7.50).

But the DLC are only 49% off for the whole bundle (=$48.30).

Yikes!

So, will wait on this longer…

I'm watching this one too. Btw the full AOW3 bundle is US$25. $48 is for the entire series - which is pricey, you can pick up #1 and #2 cheaper on their own/elsewhere.

As mentioned on the front page, GOG sale is on. Many, many things on sale. The Deep Silver bundle looks particularly nice to me.

I didn't know it but there are a few free games on Steam. If you go to the Browse section you can filter by price "free" and see them. Not great stuff, obviously, but I snagged Ultima 4 and Shadow Warrior classic.

Little Big Adventure 2 is also free if you scroll down on the main page a ways.

Got a note from steam telling me Legends of Eisenwald and Dwarf Run are currently on sale.

Actually I said this is above average game panned unfairly by critics and to this day I can't understand why exactly. Maybe they played it with mushrooms? Wouldn't surprise me they got stuck then, the game has no autoaim idiocy.

It is the only game that received only negative scores on metacritic where I cannot agree at all as I like the game:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ravens-cry

Keep in mind that the game is by no means a musthave and in such cases waiting for discount is always a good idea. It's IMO one unique example where mainstream media killed it's sales with no reason except proving they can. As such, perhaps in time it'll become a classic example where mainstream "pro" reviewers will be called out for misjudging a product - again. I say perhaps, there is still hope that the history won't repeat.

But why was I the only one who discussed it here? Because noone else bought it. ;)

I discussed it here.

Vendetta: Raven's Cry (formerly known as Raven's Cry) is 50% off on Steam atm.

Beware though, just about the only person recommending this game is Joxer. ;) I myself have shied away from it due to all the negative reviews, and will probably be waiting for steeper discounts before I'd consider grabbing this.

I played it and made videos for it on YouTube. It wasn't a bad game at all.

(...)There's also a bundle deal that will give you credit for games you've already purchased.

Could you better clarify this, please?

Beware, some of the older Tomb Raider games are very dated by today's standards. I also think it's somewhat disingenuous of Steam to list their release date as "2012" (the date they were added to Steam) without showing their original release dates.

Unless you're a hardcore fan, I'd advise steering clear of anything earlier than Tomb Raider: Legend. That's when they rebooted the series anyways, so there's no story connection with the earlier games.

*Edit* Oh, and thanks, Zloth. I purchased Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom