Pricewatch!

I was also thinking of getting some of the old Star Trek adventure games. Anyone here play those?

If you can tolerate the low-res pixel graphics and the Wing Commander style combat, Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites are very enjoyable and faithful to the feel of the original series; also voiced by the original cast (Judgment Rites was the last time DeForest Kelley played Bones).

Risen 3 Complete Edition is part of the $1 tier of Humble Saint's Row Bundle. You also get Deadlight Director's Cut, Homefront and Saint's Row 2 in the $1 tier, and there are further tiers with other non-RPG games.

This is very strange: Risen 3 complete is Steam only in the bundle, but available as DRM Free as well in the Store?

Is risen 3 worth $1 ? Reviews seem negative but not sure if it was patched up and otherwise decent.

Risen 3 is much better than Risen 2. It wasn't patched up because there was nothing to patch up. Only minor issues, which were fixed routinely. Good game, which brings at least a bit of the old Gothic formula back.

So yes, R3 was even worth full price. Leaving the old PB fan aside, there's really not much to dislike about R3. It's a nice, enjoyable and long game with some fun to find for everybody. Should have scored in the 80-85% range.

Risen 3 is much better than Risen 2. It wasn't patched up because there was nothing to patch up. Only minor issues, which were fixed routinely.
But there was a major issue. For a certain minority though.
Seems everyone forgot that Risen 3, upon it's release, refused to work on i7 CPUs. For whatever reason it worked with any CPU just didn't budge if you had i7 in the rig.

Okay, most of gamers know that buying i7 instead of i5 is throwing at least $100 down the toilet, but some people just had to buy it and on their machines R3 didn't work.
That issue got patched.

I was kind of enjoying Risen 3, but hit a game-breaking bug in the cutscene following the (extremely tedious) kraken battle. Meh.

Went to cheapshark and noticed they're added another online shop:

pic.jpg

https://www.gamebillet.com/

Does anyone know anything about this one? There are some huge discounts there, for example Berseria is 50% off.
I mean, cheapshark never linked to shady sites, but I'm not sure if gamebillet is selling legit keys. As I've never heard about that site before.

Is risen 3 worth $1 ? Reviews seem negative but not sure if it was patched up and otherwise decent.

Yes, yes, yes. I think they finally got the Pirate thing right in Risen 3. Although Risen 1 might be the best game. On the other hand Risen 1 had that horrible end game monster that was more misplaced than the bosses in Deus Ex HR. But Risen 3 had flying (albeit via parrot). And just to mess around with that play mechanic was worth it for "full game price" consideration in my book.

Another thing Risen 3 had was scary jungle areas, reminiscent on the forest areas in Gothic 2. Way to dangerous to wander around in the early game, perhaps even in the mid game.

If you like RPGs, you will not be wasting a dollar, nor your time testing out this game.

Man o man, Risen 3 for a dollar!!!! You are one lucky gamer.

Last edited:
Got from Just Purchased thread on Grimoire

Heroes of a Broken Land.(first person crawler).
Low Magic Age

are both less than $5. Picked up HoaBL

I bought tales of Symphonia a while back, but then dived into Disgaea one, finished that and now onto Disgaea two. When I finish this series, Tales will be on my radar.

Batman Arkham Origins and Season pass 75% off, for a total of $10 on Steam.

I am pulling the trigger unless someone knows of a better deal.

Seems a bit expensive as they already sold the game + season pass for under €10 back in 2014 and I remember that it went on sale for $4.99 before but Batman Arkham pricing is a little weird in general.
The latest, Arkham Knight, is considerably cheaper than Origins atm. Yes, there was a release debacle but the game was fixed and has been in tip-top shape ever since.
Arkham City GOTY can also be had for €4.99 at BundleStars at the moment. Not sure why Origins is such an outlier.

I'd say that every single game in the series is worth at least $10 though. They are all awesome games and I'm saying that as a non-Batman, non-superhero, non-DC comics fan :) .

bundle star seems to have it on sale once every month or so. I forget if it is $5 or $10.

Probably $10 since $5 for the GOTY was called a "historic" low price back in March.
It's been at €/$4.99 (base) + €/$4.99 (season pass) for a long time as that is what I paid back during the xmas sale 2014.

There have also been some great bundles in the meantime, e.g. on BundleStars where Asylum GOTY + Origins GOTY + City GOTY all bundled together went for $/€9.99.

@Thrasher: It can be, it depends. Some publishers do a 1:1 conversion. But most of the time € prices are higher because our prices always include national VAT, e.g. a game that is on sale for $4.99 on Steam (or wherever) will often sell for €5.76 (1:1 conversion plus 19% German VAT).

The opposite case where a € price is lower than the $ price is pretty rare and usually only happens if the EU and US versions have different publishers or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom