PS4 officially supported keypad and mouse, who's interested?

Consoles 4K is definitely upscaled from 720p/1080p. But also, and this is something no one seems to be talking about, but if you pay attention to the marketing they all tout 4K video, not 4K gaming. 4K gaming on a console at a decent framerate just isn't feasible at that price range. 4K video is much different because a decent GPU can stream 4K video a lot easier than play an actual 4K game at a high framerate.

Depends on the game. ESO will have native 4K on PS4 Pro. Others are obviously a lot more demanding.

Elder Scrolls Online on PS4 Pro

The new PS4 Pro claims to upscale to 4k from 2k and not 720p/1080p.

And that means… What?
Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) defines 2K resolution standard as 2048×1080
The "trick" is that 2K and 4K are about horizontal part. Width.
1440p, 1080p, 720p, etc are about vertical part and are not used for TV advertising (that's why they say HD, FHD, whatever HD, SD, … meh).

On PC, usually, 2K is 1080p (1920 horizontal dots which is cca 2000).

Depends on the game. ESO will have native 4K on PS4 Pro. Others are obviously a lot more demanding.
Yea, with 10 frames per second I bet. :p

Last edited:
We'll see about this. It is my understanding that 4K @ 60 FPS is still an expensive thing to do. I have a GTX 970 in my PC which was a $400 video card or so a year ago and I can play a few older games in 4K, such as modded Oblivion (including many graphical enhancements such as 4K textures, etc.). But something more demanding from 2016 might be a different story. I find it a bit odd that they are claiming "native 4K" for consoles when you'd likely need a much more expensive and powerful rig to pull it off. But who knows...

That's weird. I thought ESO took more power to run at 4K/60 FPS than that. I could run it easily at those settings with a GTX 970. Huh.

Skyrim SE having 4K is also strange considering the SE will have all updated modern bells and whistles.

We'll have to wait and see - new Jaguar CPU is definetly a thing (should reach 2Ghz compared to previous 1.6Ghz version) while for GPU Sony specified 4.20 TFLOPS and nothing else.

TeraFlops number means nothing as a standalone figure,it's a statistic not based on actual games' code. However because of that info I'm not even sure if GPU will be of Polaris architecture. Clock speed boosted RX 480 easily reaches 5.8 tflops while Radeon R9 390 boosted was capable of 5.1 tflops which is much higher than "only" 4.20.

RX 480, solo, is not ment for 4K gaming nor can push it through without limiting the number of frames per second and downgrading image quality.
How a weaker GPU is supposed to do 4K, actual 4K not upscaled per developers of Skyrim Online, I honestly cannot even imagine.

All this 4K advertising both from Sony and from Microsoft feels too much like No Man's Sky case. Sounds awsome, maybe will be the best thing that happened, but maybe it'll be just rubbish, no ordinary gamer tried it yet to say how it performs for real. Caution is needed.
People please, don't be an early adopter, don't buy it as soon as it appears.

Last edited:
We stayed at a high end resort this year for a week. In the condo we rented was a 4k TV..

I couldn't stand watching movies and TV shows on it, for what that is worth. They looked on real to me.

This is one of the few native 4k60fps games for ps4 pro.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/446100/

Recommendations are quite low on the pc side. Minimum 500-series gpu. Recommendation 2 cores, 8gb and 700-series gpu.

I just bought Sony 2016 4k hdr tv. The combination of 4k and hdr is something great. Colors are amazing. But 4k alone not really impressing. The only issue is lack of 4k hdr movies. Netflix has only six.

PC games dont have hdr. And since 4k alone is not impressive over 1080p I often play with the other bigger tv we have even though its just 1080p.

Recommendations are quite low on the pc side.
While advertising 4K, Sony/Microsoft might talk about products like that one. Or Tetris.
Customers however expect Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and similar stuff in actual and not upscaled 4K. ;)

Deus ex 4k native in consoles? Maybe in scorpio if they drop lot of details.

I liked ps3 but for me ps4 is failure because it has only pc games. I dont need one more console for those.

What do you mean only PC games?
FF15 is not coming to PC. For at least a year, if ever. And I can remember people mentioning "some game title I haven't heard about" 4. Which means it had also three prequels. Also, some Dark Sould Clone, IIRC it's called Bloodborn, is not available on PC. Etc etc

http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/13/playstation-4-pro-to-support-sata-3-0-report/

However, one key feature of the Pro has to do with the hard drive. You see, the regular PlayStation 4 supports SATA 2.0, the technology used to connect the drive to the console. SATA 2.0 is outdated, and many hoped the Pro version would include the faster and more advanced SATA 3.0.

In an interview with Japanese blog 4Gamer (via NeoGAF), SIE executive vice president Masayasu Ito said that the Pro will not support SATA 3.0. Sony later sent a statement to the site to correct this claim, confirming that SATA 3.0 is indeed supported.

Unbloodybelievable.
They waited the end of 2016. to add it to consoles?
No wonder adding SSD to that garbage doesn't help much with loading speeds there. I mean my cca 6 years old MoBo in the ancient machine I dumped a couple of years back had SATA 3.

???
Since when plugging anything into PC and it works is - news? The news is if something doesn't work on PC.
But okay, if it's a trolling attempt, can work.

But there is some actual news, and it's that Sony's VR will be useable also on garbageware:
http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/13/yup...xbox-one-or-wii-u-and-trigger-cinematic-mode/
Sony did make a statement a few months back PSVR will work on PC which wasn't even questionable, but PR probably thought as a part of building hype it's a good line.

???
Since when plugging anything into PC and it works is - news? The news is if something doesn't work on PC.
But okay, if it's a trolling attempt, can work.

But there is some actual news, and it's that Sony's VR will be useable also on garbageware:
http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/13/yup...xbox-one-or-wii-u-and-trigger-cinematic-mode/
Sony did make a statement a few months back PSVR will work on PC which wasn't even questionable, but PR probably thought as a part of building hype it's a good line.

It works now but only partially, and with custom software if you want wireless/bluetooth, and doesn't have full native support with the DualShock4 touchpad or the gyro. This will make it a much more attractive option for those who want to get out of their console rut, and get using their controller via Steam.

For anything that works partially, there's always a mod.

For anything that works partially, there's always a mod.

Yep. Unfortunately most people don't want to bother with the fiddling, now matter how trivial it seems. Steam has the right idea though, they're playing on the emotions of those who are annoyed at Sony's (and probably MS soon) recent shift of taking away the most attractive option of a console (that you didn't have to worry about an upgrade path for years) and turning it into a PC, that PS4 users might as well just buy a gaming PC and use their controller on Steam. Which is the exact situation i'm in.

Wait what? You have PS4?
O_O

Ah well… Noone's perfect, right? You know the drill…
http://www.ebay.com/
Click on "sell". ;)

Back
Top Bottom