purpleblob's MHW screenshots

Did Alatreon come out before or after Fatalis? I'm getting a bit confused. I did play a lot of the expansion but not as much as the base game. I 100% got everything in the base game then kept quitting iceborne because I didn't really like doing the open-world kinda area where you just fight monsters non-stop and needing to go there to find its ores and stuff. I prefer just doing one fight per mission so it doesn't start feeling like a grind.

Alatreon was out before Fatalis - in fact, you have to defeat shorter/easier version of Alatreon in 'Dawns Triumph' mission to unlock Fatty.

I'm the opposite - I didn't really get into World until Iceborne. I mean, fashion sets weren't great in base game + not much house decoration as well ;)

Yeah, it got especially good after the Iceborn changes. I wasn't doing very good damage with it but it's got nice mobility and a shield and some other perks. What was it, you don't need to put it away to drink or something like that? There's a reason to do with consumables which made it a go-to weapon for support builds. Like, the horn weapon does loads of cool buffs but takes too long to put away if you need to quickly drink a potion.

Yep, you don't sheath your weapon to drink and sheathing is super quick anyway for SnS :D I tried out both SnS and HH, felt SnS is a better support weapon. Sadly couldn't get into both weapons tho :<

What do you mean weapon impacts? Is that the effect when you hit? The hits just feel like they go through the monster?

Yeah, like the sound and feel of your weapon. For example, I loved that oomph when GS lands a true charge slash in MH: World. Sooooo satisfying. You don't feel that in Rise at all - you just see numbers :/ so lame.

Wirebugs? Whats a wirebug? :)

Its like 'evolution' of clutch claw. You collect wirebugs which let you hover in a midair or tie down monster etc. It gives you different weapon move set, let you recover quicker when you get hit by monsters, ride monsters etc - it all sounds cool in paper but all it does it make the hunt more gimmicky/arcade-y.

There's no talk of a MHW2 yet, is there?

I think I did hear about a Dragons Dogma 2 which will learn from MHW and have full co-op play. That could be a very fun game! If they could sort of combine DD with MHW. I don't think it's been announced, though. More or less a rumour, at this time.

I don't think World 2 is officially announced.... yet.

DD2 I heard some stuff about you have to play a set protagonist which really soured my interest. If they let us roll our own protagonist, I will definitely try it out but otherwise no :/

So far my best time for Fatty are:
LBG - 28'30''00
DB - 26'38''10
IG - 25'18''73
Swaxe - 25'35''96
GS - 25'59''68

Yay, new record set with Swaxe - 25'12''63

Killed it with a head bonk too but still can't get it under 25minutes :(

Attachments

• 20220204181237_1.jpg
    20220204181237_1.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 49
I currently have 7721 screenshots… and that's after me clearing out a whole bunch periodically lol
O_O

I've been taking lots of screenshots for over 20 years and I'm only at about 20,000!

O_O

I've been taking lots of screenshots for over 20 years and I'm only at about 20,000!

You see, I hammer the screenshot button like crazy because you never know which one would have better lighting, expression or pose - you never know, that split second difference can make actual difference! ;)

I think Purpleblob was a reporter or a journalist in her previous life ;)

I'd like to think I was an obsessed photographer :D

So, I settled on 4 weapons/look - which one do you guys like best?

Longsword/Japanese look:
0zuYq39.jpg

Hunting Horn/Queen of Blossoms look:
wjoOLT5.jpg

Lance/Regal Queen look:
7o3VyGE.jpg

Sword & Shield/Chun Li look:
VZEjadl.jpg

Actually, came up with new set for Lance:
xjcO9KB.jpg

This is how I end up spending hours in MH: Rise - fashion matching & taking screenies rather than fighting monsters :D

I love doing screenshots as well. After all, it might be the last thing I'll have from a game after its servers are shut down ... Or Microsoft decides not to have the game being playable on just another future OS version ... In contrast to commercial software, of course (B2B).

You see, I hammer the screenshot button like crazy because you never know which one would have better lighting, expression or pose - you never know, that split second difference can make actual difference! ;)
I wonder if videos have gotten good enough that we can just take videos of a scene, then play the video back and snap a screenshot from that? I've started going some small videos instead of screenshots, but I just leave them be instead of trying to pick out the best scene.

I wonder if videos have gotten good enough that we can just take videos of a scene, then play the video back and snap a screenshot from that? I've started going some small videos instead of screenshots, but I just leave them be instead of trying to pick out the best scene.

I think probably video screen captures would work well for relatively static scenes like Purple is making. Maybe not so much for action scenes - you'd probably want raw video for that to avoid artifacts from on-the-fly compression, and that can quickly fill up a nice big disk. Not sure, though - maybe fast compression is good enough these days.

Bleh, Rise cutscenes use same graphical quality as in-game unlike World :/ Super disappointed

FqwPMdf.jpg

YE0jNsB.jpg

Soooo just uninstalled MH: Rise from my PC. Gave it a red hot go with 77 hours on record but I definitely don't see playing it anymore - doubt I will get Sunbreak expansion as well. Overall, massive disappointment from MH: World.

Some of you might think 77 hours is a lot to say the game wasn't worth it but I have over 1700hours in World, so yeah.

Here's one final screenshot I took in Rise along with my palico & palamute. Sorry guys but don't think I will miss you guys.

ZbLlmAg.jpg

So, rather play MHR before MHW so that I won't get disappointed ? ;)

So, rather play MHR before MHW so that I won't get disappointed ? ;)

Its easier than World to get into for those who haven't played any MH before so I guess maybe? :p Palicoes (cats) and Palamutes (dogs) in Rise are no where near as cute/funny compared to World tho ;)

I couldn't help but ask if you had the sliders for your character? She looks absolutely stunning.

Back
Top Bottom