Return of the Daily Smile

Sharks.jpg

OK, Either this is a joke I don't understand or there are (possibly regional) technical problems.

pibbuR who also considers a third option, that it's just an evil prank from the jdr. Which he in that case finds amusing.

PS. Here's what I see: A blue square with the text imgbb.com service unavailable DS.

exponential_growth.png

pibbuR who is better at using exponentials than at playing chess. Despite being a Norwegian.

PS. I remember when one of my nephews, at a very young age, saw a chess board, and claimed that he could play chess. He just had to find the dice. DS

PPS. I know that standard chess isn't played using dice. DS

PPPS. But there are of course alternative ways of playing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice_chess. And of course Wikipedia has an article about it. DS.

PS. I remember when one of my nephews, at a very young age, saw a chess board, and claimed that he could play chess. He just had to find the dice. DS

PPS. I know that standard chess isn't played using dice. DS
Chess960 could be setup with dice. It's quite popular and played in some tournaments.

It would be fun to add some sort of D&D rules for the combat between the pieces, though. And since the pawn can already level up, why not the others? 😂

It would be fun to add some sort of D&D rules for the combat between the pieces, though. And since the pawn can already level up, why not the others? 😂
Another remake in other words. Well, as long as they keep it turn based.

But who should make it? Larian is of course out of the question now. Bethesda (some time in 2033)? Bioware (Dragon Chess - good name at least)? Tim Cain hint in some videos? Spiderweb is my guess, engine should be ideal, and chess has been more or less the same game for hundreds of years. But let's not forget IBM.

Hmmm. What about World of Chess, an MMO for 32 players?

Suggestions?

pibbuR who considers taking up the challenge on his upcoming uncomfortable 15 months long journey to Mars and back again.

Last edited:
RTwP could be fun, too. We'd call it 'speed chess'. :D

We shouldn't rule out Larian just yet. Sven tweeted that he was having fun with a fishing game, so I think their way of relaxing is by making other games.

It reminds me of Archon, except the rules were really basic.

PS: I'm vetoing the MMO. Unless it's like this.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFU9ZQJBZnM
There's also:

pibbuR who assume he would be a better chess player if he made his own rules (preferrably rules not known by the enmy).

Back
Top Bottom