Risen 2 - April Release Date

So if you buy two products from the same store, both wrapped in cardboard … they will be the same even if actually MADE by different companies?

The problem with Fallout: NV, as is true with EVERY Obsidian game … is Obsidian.

I am *really* looking forward to Risen 2. Loved the first (except the end) …
Why do you guys enter the discussion touching some completely unrelated topics? I'm talking about titles published in Eastern Europe by Cenega, which use Steam. Recently a new approach has been introduced, namely the "region lock" which does not let people from Eastern Europe buy such titles on Steam: this has been the case with Skyrim and the last 3 DLCs for New Vegas, which have not been made available to the Eastern European public at all. What's more, patches for English versions of Cenega-published games, activated on Steam, are often delayed (even if the language version is the same (English)), as are releases (if they come at all). Gifting does not work, too. This has completely nothing to do with Obsidian: first, it considers Skyrim too, and second, both Bethesda and Cenega blame Steam for this (if you want forum and facebook posts by Cenega and Bethesda employees I can dig up links for them).

Sadly, with internet becoming the default means of purchasing games, more and more restrictions are introduced! At least before the age of region locks I could import a game on a CD, install it and play!

I fully understand Elwro's criticism. I normally order my games on-line in order to ensure getting the English version but services like Steam may actually prohibit you from doing so while being subjected to the publisher's regional politics.

I am particularly sensitive to voice overs as I absolutely hate badly dubbed non-english voices. FO:NV was the reason I installed steam but I was very worried about the language although I got the English version without any problem. In the case of several other games, I have read that our German friends were restricted as they were not "allowed" to play the orginal version, which would really piss me off.

Not being able to play a FO:NV DLC in Eastern Europe is simply not acceptable and I fully agree with Elwro.

(Apparently, Australia is also infamous for its regional politics, espcially in terms of censorship).

Good call on having the release date in April. I have a massive back-log (also non-rpg games in addition to Mass Effect 3 and Reckoning) of games I still have to play which I now have a chance of finishing before May.

But what are the next big RPG after Risen 2? I guess we'll find out in the next four months.

Why do you guys enter the discussion touching some completely unrelated topics? I'm talking about titles published in Eastern Europe by Cenega, which use Steam. Recently a new approach has been introduced, namely the "region lock" which does not let people from Eastern Europe buy such titles on Steam: this has been the case with Skyrim and the last 3 DLCs for New Vegas, which have not been made available to the Eastern European public at all. What's more, patches for English versions of Cenega-published games, activated on Steam, are often delayed (even if the language version is the same (English)), as are releases (if they come at all).

What does Cenega have to do with Risen 2? Afaik, Deep Silver is doing the publishing for both the US and Europe.

Yeah… I read your little rants. My point is that I'm not seeing Cenega listed as the publisher anywhere.
OK, I admit, I lied all the time, I cooked up the whole story. Sorry!

(This way is more convenient - believe what you want, and have a nice evening :))

Can't wait. Haven't even played Risen yet, it's in my backlog of games to get to when I'm finished with Skyrim (haha, good one. I'll be playing Skyrim for months yet probably). Sacred 2 is also one I haven't given proper attention to. So many games, so little time.

Back
Top Bottom