RPGWatch - Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy Interview

Glad to hear the game system will be more like GURPS. 🥳 Big GURPS fan here.

Seems like a quality blog that. It appears that Aleksandrs was a lot more writative in Tom's blog article linked above by @purpleblob . I recommend to read it as well if you are interested in this game.

40 hours is a bit light. I would like to see it around 60-80 hours. I do play slower than most exploring every nook and cranny.
I think most devs tend to base their estimates on the average player who does a few, but not all, of the sidequests. I always seem to take way longer than the estimated time.

It's pretty cheap too though. Only $22 for a basic copy.

40 hours is great. Trudograd took me just over 40 hours for a complete full run and it was the perfect length. It didn't overstay it's welcome like many games do these days like those from Owlcat. A game really has to have a great story and mechanics to make me want to invest 100 hours.

Also a 40 hour game can likely be delivered in half the time for a sprawling 100 hour epic so you end up getting more of them in the long run.

40 hours is great. Trudograd took me just over 40 hours for a complete full run and it was the perfect length. It didn't overstay it's welcome like many games do these days like those from Owlcat.

So much. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy owlcat games. I just think that after a while, they lose their steam, get repetitive and I lose interest. I never finished one.

Curious. What is a GURPS system?
It's a PnP(pen and paper)roleplaying game system. One of my favorite roleplaying games that I ever experienced. Classless system without levels. You can google it to find out more about it.

It's a PnP(pen and paper)roleplaying game system. One of my favorite roleplaying games that I ever experienced. Classless system without levels. You can google it to find out more about it.
Being a fan of the system, you probably already know this, but Fallout actually started out as a GURPS game.

I enjoyed some things of GURPS, and others not so much. I feel much of the popularity it gained was because it offered an alternative to the almost-monopoly of D20, and it gave a home to people who were sick of it.

It's a good system, regardless, but not without flaws. As it is the case with most classless systems, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom