Sekiro - Review Roundup

I finally had to give up on this game, which is too bad because it's very intriguing in a lot of ways. The problem is that I'm just really bad it. I got a controller which helped and tried following some advice which helped slightly. But I'm just awful at parrying. This was a problem in dark souls as well, but I could still beat those games because there were a lot of ways to play and I could get around my parrying deficit by building a character that didn't rely on it. But in Sekiro your intended to play only one way, and in my case that's unfortunately a way that I'm not very good at.

Nioh might be a better bet if you can’t parry. I can’t either really, not reliably enough to make it my core combat mechanic. Nioh is on my list.

This game has some intrigue but the lack of RPG elements turns it off for me. Also, I doubt I'd be able to play successfully either. I'm terrible at Outward's combat and that is more akin to Dark Souls, but at least in Dark Souls you could grind or improve your stats to overcome challenges. In Sekiro it seems you're pretty much left to your control skills and that's it. I'm having enough problems in Outward, don't need another game that's even harder. :lol:

The best review IMO about this game:
https://kelkeen.kinja.com/sekiro-wasnt-fun-until-i-cheated-1833939366
Sekiro Wasn't Fun Until I Cheated.

Why is it the best although it's not really a review?
The author admits subjectivity on the matter of Sekiro's combat designs and basically confirms what we all know for decades:
Buy PC, if something "stinks" in a game, modders to the rescue.

Sadly a "fix" is not available everywhere, for example there a no respawn mod for DA Inquisition still doesn't exist. Will it ever be made noone can Know, but one thing is for sure, it can exist only on PC.

Products was not playable until mod removed the core of its design mantra...

After that, players are on high horses when monetizing modding looms ahead.

Situation is out of control: players are crushed by an overwhelming backlog , they have more products than they can consume yet they feel coerced to jump right ahead to play a product that is not meant for them so much they must alter it to fit theirs shortcomings.

Product is not meant for players, players have more than enough products to play as shown by their backlog, yet...

And this is about vid products. The insecurity.

I finally had to give up on this game, which is too bad because it's very intriguing in a lot of ways. The problem is that I'm just really bad it. I got a controller which helped and tried following some advice which helped slightly. But I'm just awful at parrying. This was a problem in dark souls as well, but I could still beat those games because there were a lot of ways to play and I could get around my parrying deficit by building a character that didn't rely on it. But in Sekiro your intended to play only one way, and in my case that's unfortunately a way that I'm not very good at.

They should have made it UgoIgo.

Back
Top Bottom