Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Deluxe Edition

I am bit puzzled by the negative reaction FunktionJCB getting. I was going to buy Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms but if publisher or developer is pulling crap like this then I want to know about it. What they have done is not acceptable at all. I think they should have give the deluxe edition free to their EA customers to show good faith. If I am an EA customer then I don't want to pay for this deluxe edition. I mean buy deluxe edition to complete a quest? WTF?!?!

I'm with you (and with FunktionJCB) on this lost... if it was developer's or publisher's fault is beside the point. The end result is that backers got screwed up royally and yet some folks here are trying to defend this scam.

Btw here is the thread where the developer comments on the situation with the delux edition:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/256030/discussions/0/624075566900787855/
-
Making a statement that the developer should not do something the publisher tells him to do (and is obligated under contract) is well quite frankly the reason I have a strong dislike to FunktionJCB. My negative reaction to him is not his issue with the deluxe edition but his comments. Anyways this issue with 'premium content' has become the current fad (business model) for publisher and we can all hope it dies a quick death. Nearly every recent game from EA, (esp) Ubisoft and quite a few other publishers has 'deluxe' content; sometime it is way gimicky (pink suite with pointed ears) and sometime it is significant content removed from the game. My first major exposure was with dragon age origin and no I don't like it but blaming the developer doesn't help. If you want alleviate the situation give the developer 5$$ million so they can skip the publisher :)

The premium content is not a problem, giving that content to EA people and taking it away later is the problem.

If you've paid for EA, then just torrent the DLC that contains the parts they took out. I paid for EA, but it really isn't that good of a game. It is a much lesser experience than the first game. Way too grind-y and not enough loot variety for the grinding to be fun. Play Grim Dawn instead. It is a much, much better arpg.

Back
Top Bottom