Skyrim - Special Edition Released

I was...sort of...interested in this release, but was going to wait a while hoping for some of the good mods to be made available for it.
..but i just heard of Enderal a couple days ago for the first time on this site and now it'll be a long time until i play skyrim se...if i ever get around to it...

Haha ditto

From the looks of the Nexus, a lot of mods are going to be simple to convert. There are already over 250 conversions in less than 24 hours.

From the looks of the Nexus, a lot of mods are going to be simple to convert. There are already over 250 conversions in less than 24 hours.

Yes, any mods without scripts (which is most of them) should convert very easily. Even the ones that aren't converted by the author should be easy to convert by the end users.

It really is funny to realize Bethesda has not addressed bugs in the game for years even with this Special Edition. When I first heard about this I thought "Great! This will be the ultimate bug -free edition." I'm so naive.

Skyrim bashers still bashing skyrim, weird.:rolleyes:

I'll be playing if my favorite mods get converted. Bugs have never been an issue for me in skyrim except for the physics issue which is easily fixed.

So... just got new rig up and running with new video card and Witcher3 playing and wow! Sorry for my incoherant rant and I didn't want to sound negative about a Bethesda re-release however I think the effort would have been better spent on the next version of Elder Scrolls. I did not have all the Dlc's and would not buy them just to get this version.
so...not interested in Skyrim again.

Yeah, let's be honest - they've put sod all effort into this. I doubt it diverted much effort from whatever else they're working on, it just provides a nice sales opportunity at the right time of year. But, from a modders point of view, it's very nice to have. I know the SkyWind team are keen on it, since they were hitting limits with 32bit DX9.

By uninstalling Skyrim? :biggrin:

Yeah, after 450 hours.:)

Well when a five-year old game gets rereleased with the same existing bugs from five years ago, I can understand people bringing that up. The same thing happened with the Bioshock collection.

Maybe, but it's a free upgrade for most that would want it. Also no game fixes every bug. Look up Witcher 3 bugs ( or any game for that matter) and you'll find page after page of complaints.

Yeah, let's be honest - they've put sod all effort into this. I doubt it diverted much effort from whatever else they're working on, it just provides a nice sales opportunity at the right time of year. But, from a modders point of view, it's very nice to have. I know the SkyWind team are keen on it, since they were hitting limits with 32bit DX9.

True but thier delivering what they said, a graphical update. Not sure why anyone would expect more.

Maybe, but it's a free upgrade for most that would want it. Also no game fixes every bug. Look up Witcher 3 bugs ( or any game for that matter) and you'll find page after page of complaints.

You're right, no game gets every bug fixed, but most games get a lot more fixed than what Bethesda has done with Skyrim. Witcher 3 isn't even in the same ballpark.

You're right, no game gets every bug fixed, but most games get a lot more fixed than what Bethesda has done with Skyrim. Witcher 3 isn't even in the same ballpark.

It depends I guess, my personal experience is that skyrim and the Witcher 3 have givin me the same amount of trouble. Which is virtually none. So there in the same ballpark for me, it's just a good ballpark.:)

Problem is that most(not all) bugs are system specific. So one persons buggiest game ever is another persons rock solid experience.

Anyway, it would be nice to read a skyrim thread without the usual suspects bashing the same things.

Problem is that most(not all) bugs are system specific. So one persons buggiest game ever is another persons rock solid experience.

I agree. I played Skyrim at release and didn't really have any bugs at all. The few glitches I did experience were minor (the duplicating guy outside of Whiterun, occasional mammoth falling out of the sky, etc.). The only "major" bug I had was when a specific quest item didn't spawn and there was no way to get out of the dungeon without it. The item appeared after re-loading the save, though.

So

Tell me what everyone wants to know

SHADOW FLICKERING FIXED?

So

Tell me what everyone wants to know

SHADOW FLICKERING FIXED?

I've only had a quick play around, but the shadows look fine to me, and appear to be cast dynamically. I'd say the whole lighting system is different.

Back
Top Bottom