Gothic Sneak Peek At The Gothic Remake

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
DualShockers was given a chance to see a build of the Gothic Remake.
Gothic was a game before its time, overshadowed by its flashier Bethesda-made rival. With later games from developer Piranha Bytes not quite building on the potential showcased in the original or its 2002 sequel, the series faded into something of a niche—known and adored by a small but passionate community. In 2018, Spanish developer Alkimia Interactive (formerly THQ Barcelona) was tasked with remaking this PC classic. The remake’s been in development for over five years, and has gone through a drastic directional change since its ‘Playable Teaser’ came out four years ago.

Now, alongside our resident Gothic guru Jason Moth, I got an exclusive look at the first 20 minutes of the revamped remake, and got to speak with its Game Director, Reinhard Pollice, about how they’re reviving the venerable RPG.

Damn five years already and they still have nothing to show.

My fellow RPG enjoyer Robert Zak and I were recently fortunate enough to sit down with Gamer Director Reinhard Pollice, and we got to chat a bit about the current state of the Remake. Even better, we got the chance to take a look at an exclusive preview, and I very much liked what I saw. While I was a little bit skeptical following the most recent trailer showcasing the Old Camp, I now firmly believe that the folks over at Alkimia Interactive are on the right track here.

Back
Top Bottom