Solasta - Dungeon Maker Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the dungeon maker trailer for Solasta: Crown of the Magister:

Dungeon Maker Trailer - Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Create your own Dungeons. Endless possibilities, countless hours of enjoyment. And more feature to come in the future!
More information.

I noticed there is already some dungeons in the Steam workshop. Something that is annoying is that the different levels are in different downloads. I guess it's the sort of thing that is going to be streamlined, eventually.

That sort of tools has a lot of potential.

I made one large floor where you go from lvl 2 to lvl 7. So lots of big fights and treasure and traps. Should just be one download.

I noticed there is already some dungeons in the Steam workshop. Something that is annoying is that the different levels are in different downloads. I guess it's the sort of thing that is going to be streamlined, eventually.

That sort of tools has a lot of potential.
There are also a few on Nexusmod, and many other things like extra classes, subclasses, feats, someone trying to make levels 11-20 available, …

It's awkward to have two major mod sites. The first mods appeared on Nexus during EA, while Tactical Adventures had planned to host mods in the workshop (which I suppose works for GOG customers too).

Funny fact: they explained that they apparently had to show due diligence in regularly scanning the (workshop) mods for any potential issue vs the Open Gaming License, to avoid any trouble with WotC. For example if someone added an element of D&D 5th Edition not included in the SRD. I find that very odd, considering the mods are completely out of their responsibility. Maybe by a long stretch, if they were providing an SDK, and if they really, really couldn't add a clear disclaimer, but here?

By level, I meant floor. Not PC levels :)

From what I understand, if you make a dungeon / adventure with 5 different maps, you need to have five different downloads in the workshop. You can't just download "project" with the five different maps.

By level, I meant floor. Not PC levels :)

From what I understand, if you make a dungeon / adventure with 5 different maps, you need to have five different downloads in the workshop. You can't just download "project" with the five different maps.
Maybe that's coming later, I remember reading the DM allowed to link multiple maps to create dungeons. It would make sense to pack them into a single project file.

So how does this work? It doesn't get added to the main game it's just stand alone dungeons? What is the thrill in this? Can you make a whole module for instance?

So how does this work? It doesn't get added to the main game it's just stand alone dungeons? What is the thrill in this? Can you make a whole module for instance?

You can't make an entire module yet but that should be coming. The Dungeon Maker is still in beta. The dungeons do not get added to the main game.

I have completed my first dungeon, Hastar's Domain. It's one large floor where your party goes from LVL 2-7. Lots of fights and traps and treasure. Can't do much of a story yet but there is a little.

Is a good dungeon to try out different character builds. I tested it with a Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, and Wizard. I would recommend healing and a good trapper/lock picker.

Just trying to learn the tools but I tried to make a fun one-floor dungeon that's old school, like Against the Giants. Speaking of giants I hope they can add some. Only have ogres now and no trolls even.

It's on the Steam Workshop.

Back
Top Bottom