Drakensang:RoT Some spoiler-ish questions

You buy the recipe from Auralia after finishing the Tollgate, iirc. It's not available at the start of the game.

Ah, thanks.

By the way, I'm just coming back to reality from the Drakensang 2 Elven Forest ... Wow ! ... - But I guess this is only me and my sensitivity that makes me feel like I'm so blasted away by it any time I see it ... and its music ...

What's the deal with the Efferd Temple?

It's not a temple, it's a bunch of caves full of crabs. Is it worth going through the whole thing? Soooo repetitive... totally reminds me of the first Drakensang game.

Yes, I don't know, either.

I think this is kind of a nod towards those who actually liked the combat in Drakensang 1.

In its essence, this is nothing but

- a good training lesson for combat
- an experience-points-generator
- a tiny insight into what Efferd is actually bout.

At the end, thre's a boss fight (Emmeran already hinted towards that), and a surprise.

But this ancient temple is not plot-relevant at all.

But make sure to ask Emmeran (he is an Geode, actually !) if he has anything to sell. You can exchange the round stones with one Elf, if I remember this correctly, or use them as ammunition for those crossbows which shoot bullets rather than bolts (right word ?).

But its background information goes much deeper. So deep that I put a spoiler around it.

There are several things.

First, a Dwarf usually (and this is the norm, not the exception) becomes a Geode by losing his twin brother. Aventurian Dwarves are usually Twins, or even triplets.
Losing a twin has two results :
a) he left-over brother seeking a way to free the spirit of the "lost brother", and this often or usually becomes a life-long task for them
B) they become able to use magic, though I don't remember anmore, how.

And Geodes are the ones from which the aventurian Druids came from, because the very first Druids were actually humans learning from Geodes.

The second thing is the origin of the Temple : During the ages of the saurians of any kind, long, long, long before any human went deeper into Aventuria, the saurian races built up a temple for a Goddess called Charyb'Yzz.

Her modern name is Charyptoroth (always remember that this is German pronounciacian, as far as I know !), and she is nowdays the demonic counterpart to Efferd. Every one of the Twelvegods has such an demonic counterpart.

Now, Charyptoroth's fate is kind of unsolved, but there are rumors that she might have been indeed a Goddess of water, decided to go into the demon realms for battle - and got ost there. So, she slowly transformed into a demon herself.

Even in background lore, this is unresolved ... There might still be some "godly essence" in her, but all in all she is regarded as a demon nowadays - and as he demonic counterpart of Efferd.

And this is the reason why so many foul-minded creatures are there under the temple.

The temple for Charyptoroth was kind of "shielded" by consecrating the upper part as/for a proper Efferd-Temple, but its deepest core is still connected with Charyptoroth.

Once, I wrote into the official TDE forums a plea to get this Goddess back again ( = out from the demonic realms), but even as a proper Goddess again, she would be tainted with demonic influence.

I finished it.

I did the end battles in easy mode also. It just was going on really, really long and I get bored of extremely long fights. I am not a fan of that kind of fight either. The statue automatically knocks everyone over and proceeds to do massive damage to one character. I couldn't find a way to avoid it. So it became a game of healing/potion management, repeat, repeat, repeat, which I dislike.

Overall I really liked this game. Some of the English voice acting was bad, and that's probably my biggest complaint. I only found one bug, when trying to hunt all the orks in the hunting preserve. It would not let me finish the quest even though I killed every one of them. I searched around for a half hour looking for one I might have missed, too. Not a single crash, or major graphical glitch of any kind in the whole play through. Well done indeed.

Tone-wise, I have a little problem with the mix of "light-hearted" adventure, and the hundreds of murders committed by my party. Seriously, I just slaughtered hundreds of human beings, orks, etc., and it's presented in an almost humorous light hearted way. Just kind of odd. I created a great bow using bowery, but I never saw any good blacksmith plans ever. I only made whetstones. Maybe at a harder level you'd need to make more weapos just to have a slight advantage, but I always had enough money to just buy something better, or I happened to find something. Not a big deal because I personally find crafting kind of boring in RPGs.

Anyway, I liked it a lot but probably won't play through it again anytime soon. That's true of most games for me though. Too bad there won't be a D3.

I got to that final fight, and just bailed. It was just too tedious for me. I had gotten my money's worth and more from the game.

I only found one bug, when trying to hunt all the orks in the hunting preserve. It would not let me finish the quest even though I killed every one of them. I searched around for a half hour looking for one I might have missed, too.

Did you find the secret passage ?

No, never found a secret passage. What was in it?

crpgnut: On Easy level it wasn't too bad. It's worth it to see the end, IMO. If you still have a save game, I'd say go for it. But yeah, I don't get what people see in long, long battles that simply become a test of resource management.

Also- Outside of a couple small rooms I found in the elf ruins, what was the point of Dwarfnose? I had it up to 15 or so on Forgrimm because I didn't want to miss out on anything. But I never found anything other than those 2 small rooms.

No, never found a secret passage. What was in it?

It led to the Ork camp. ;)

Also- Outside of a couple small rooms I found in the elf ruins, what was the point of Dwarfnose? I had it up to 15 or so on Forgrimm because I didn't want to miss out on anything. But I never found anything other than those 2 small rooms.

Yes, I found this unsatisfying, too. There's too few examples where it can be of real use within the game.

Do you mean the bridge with the tree blocking it? Yes, I got past that. Huge battle there. swear I killed every damn thing on that map. Oh well, one little bug isn't a big deal.

I loved that the story was medium sized instead of a "save the world" one. I really wish more games would have the guts to do that.

No, I didn't mean the brige. ;)

There is in the stone of a "wall" a secret entrance - it leads to the areas located several metres *above* of the hunting preserve - you can almost anticipate them when you look up at the waterfall.

This new area contains a much bigger camp with a much more difficult ight.

A lot of people don't find this secret entrance in the stone wall, however, and guess or assume that this might be a bug.

I think that's understandable : I found it only by chance myself. Hadn't I known it existed, I'd probably called it a bug, too. ;)

This "wall of stone" with this secret entrance is located … uh, I *think* it was un the bottom left side of the bridge somewhere … But I don't remember anymore . It's o long ago since I had been there … I could report back after several days, though, since a party of my almost parallel 2 run-throughs has arrived in the hunting preserve, too …

I went up to that ridge, but didn't see the secret door. There were a couple Harpies up there... I should have figured there was something I was missing. Odd to have just a couple Harpies on a map like that.

IIRC: go up the stone bridge, you pass the place where the tree once was, then on your left hand there was a camp with orks and trolls, the ground's a bit higher, do not go there but pass it and go straight ahead, keep going until you can not go any further because there's a rock wall in front of you. In the wall there's a black triangle, that's the entrance.

Yes, Omega explained it correctly.

I cannot remember it that specific anmore, but her description sounds very right to me.

@ Allrik and others.

I often frequent some adventure game sites (games like Syberia etc) and at one of them, Gameboomers, there has been a discussion as to if the second drakensang game (the river of the time) can be bought a) online in an English online-shop or b) if the game is German only or if it does have subtitles in English. or C) One of the members of the Gameboomers site did find a Dutch version, but is in doubt if the manual, the language etc. are in English as she will need to havem be this. I thought I would asked here...
Thanks for any help :)

Well, I'm sorry, but the situation is complex.

- the game can be vbought as an English-languiage version as a commercial download (or digital release or how it is called)
- some users here, however, report of not being able to buy this in their country

- the game has been produced as English-lnguage retail vrsions, which are seemingly currently only available through import from the Benelux countries (and from asia, too ? Skavenhorde ?)

- I expect the Dutch (or the Belgian versions, of which I know it a tiny bit better) to be fully in English language. I read that Belgians just don't have games (at least major ones) in their native langiage : so everything is in English. I don't know about Dutch releases, however.

Besides of all I could ask dtp Betty (that's her name in the dtp forums), since she's responsible for user communication (so to say) I think she should know at least some of it as well.

Edit : Besides, I don't have any internet access from the 14th on for about a week, since I'm away for about a week, then.

The Dutch version (voices and screen texts) are in English. Manual OTOH is AFAIK in Dutch. (My tRoT was given to me, secondhand, no manual there, but I never missed it while playing).

Back
Top Bottom