South Park RPG - Animating the Game

Well, let's not beat a dead horse. I think it's safe to say you will not be part of South Park RPG's target audience. Obsidian will produce other games that will be directed towards you.

I understand that you are passionate about certain design choices. I am too. However, as a fan of South Park's show and RPG's (while also maintaining a sense of humor about it), I am looking forward to see what they come up with. It sounds like a diversion from the hardcore, which could be nice.

You don't need to repeat the genre's mistakes to produce such commentary. You merely need to refer to them.

I am sure you will agree that, like in a good RPG, there is always more than one way to accomplish any goal. South Park has always used plot and setting to make their social commentaries (and I consider game mechanics to be an extension of this). To do otherwise would be inconsistent with their style.

I didn't feel the need to address much else directly. I understand your feelings and you probably have a decent idea of my thoughts now. Considering your comment about Obsidian being the last western RPG developer you care about, my only question is, are you against this project because you think it's a waste of Obsidian's time, resources, and talent, or is it something else (I mean generally, not specifically - such as combat mechanics)?

I didn't feel the need to address much else directly. I understand your feelings and you probably have a decent idea of my thoughts now. Considering your comment about Obsidian being the last western RPG developer you care about, my only question is, are you against this project because you think it's a waste of Obsidian's time, resources, and talent, or is it something else (I mean generally, not specifically - such as combat mechanics)?
Mostly the former. If it was done by a different developer, I'd post a few derisive "LOL, a South Park RPG!" comments and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom