Starfield! *applause*

With 13 million players since September, this has been the biggest launch in our history. Your support of this new adventure has meant everything to us.
You’ve been very busy out there in space for the past few months, and we want to share some fascinating stats about what you’ve been up to. Altogether, you’ve visited nearly 2 billion planets, which is an astronomical number! Check out the full infographic below for even more info on everything from your favorite powers to the most lethal enemies, and more.

AKQA_ION_EOY_infographic_9x16.png

Wow, that's more than the 18.9 million days played in BG3. Has Starfield finally caught up with it?
I'm not entirely sure if I trust the numbers since they're coming from Bethesda rather than Steam, but I guess I wouldn't be totally surprised if it's true. As popular as BG3 is, Starfield still has more mainstream appeal.

Once again quit using steam numbers to measure success for Starfield as it will never reflect the actual numbers. Gamepass is were the most numbers come from.

The game was a financial success but ended up a dissapointment to many.

I really wonder how decision-makers at the devs/publishers internally measure success of their games in times of GaaS. These just distort sales numbers too much. But you can't just use number of players (or hours played) because you'll always have the bias that a lot of players wouldn't have played the game if they had to actually buy it. Also I think it's not easy to find out why or for which games users actually subscribe to the service.

I really wonder how decision-makers at the devs/publishers internally measure success of their games in times of GaaS. These just distort sales numbers too much. But you can't just use number of players (or hours played) because you'll always have the bias that a lot of players wouldn't have played the game if they had to actually buy it. Also I think it's not easy to find out why or for which games users actually subscribe to the service.
In USA SF is top 11 best sells for income, including Steam and Epic digital (BG3 not counted in the list so let say 12). It's both clearly not the success expected, and not the total disaster as many would like. Moreover there's the gamepass ambiguity, pretty sure I'm not alone to have played it only on Gamepass and mainly only it along some months.

In my case and gamepass it's simple, About 3 games tried less than 5H, 3 to 5 games trashed quickly because with no or awful K+M support, and SF played twice for about 400H to 500H. So at end I mostly paid SF for 4 months of subscription and the ability to avoid buy some games (to not forget I track them). But let be clear the big numbers quoted by dev for XBOX certainly include many players that played a bit and trashed it.

The game has many good elements, but also many weak, except the weak can be largely ignored. The major problem was probably related to trying a new blue print trashing outdoor area exploration from classic open world games.

I just spent a ton of time downloading and trying to install mods for the gamepass Starfield. I did it three times in a row, exactly as stated in the guides and even from a video, and nope. ModOrganizer 2 just won't find the directory no matter what I do. I'm thinking I have to wait for the mod support patch. But when I search for when it's coming out I get nothing. Anyone know anything more about the mod support patch timeframe?

I didn't know it was possible to use mods with Game Pass. I thought games were more restricted on there.
It's much harder, but it's possible. For instance, here's a mod https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/6870. They have ASI loader listed which supports gamepass. It just has a ton of extra steps to get everything to work, and a ton of walkthroughs giving different ways. If it's done right, MM can finally detect Starfield in the xbox folder. I can't get it to work so would prefer waiting for the big mod support patch rather than waste more of life on this.

Back
Top Bottom