WotR Survey on DLCs

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
About time they acknowledged that harsh truth. Doubt they will change though. Personally I'd prefer less longer DLC how Obsidian did with Pillars of Eternity 1&2.

Also incorporate the DLC within the main game for once.

I didn't think they are shit but certainly could do better in some aspects especially considering their main campaign is excellent.

Edit: just completed the survey - its super short. They are just asking if people would enjoy a DLC that is integrated to the main plot that requires you to play the whole game again.

Personally, I tend to replay cRPGs I enjoy several times regardless of DLC so I answered yes. But I was hoping they would consider expansion like DLC (story continuing after the main campaign ending using same protagonist).

The survey doesn't give me a way to express that "Yes I want long integrated material, but no I won't replay the game to see it, so don't put it out 3 years after the game."

The release of the second season of DLC has been done very poorly. There is minimal information about the 2nd and 3rd ones and no timeline has been given. Given the size of games these days people don't want to keep a game on their SSD for 2+ years. It has taken far too long and it is clear all their focus has switched to Warhammer. They should of just stuck with the first season and cancelled the second.

They are quickly eroding the goodwill of their fans except for the most ardent of their fans. With games like BG3 coming out they need all the goodwill they can get.

I love WotR and so desperate for another Pathfinder game from Owlcats - if they are no longer going to make another Pathfinder game, I'd gladly take an expansion like DLC for WotR anytime.

The release of the second season of DLC has been done very poorly. There is minimal information about the 2nd and 3rd ones and no timeline has been given. Given the size of games these days people don't want to keep a game on their SSD for 2+ years. It has taken far too long and it is clear all their focus has switched to Warhammer. They should of just stuck with the first season and cancelled the second.

In case you are wondering about DLC5 and 6:
DLC5 will continue the story of DLC2 (Through the Ashes) which ended in cliffhanger.
DLC6 will be like Mass Effect 3 Citadel - I assume this will be a final DLC for WotR, sort of like a goodbye to Pathfinder fans *sniff*

@purpleblob Not really a huge Pathfinder fan but I'm sure they'll return to the IP in a few years. Just be thankful they released two huge RPGs with DLC for gamers.

Hopefully it's not like BG and takes twenty years.:eek:

Anyway I would love if they moved on to StarFinder which is the future of Pathfinder.

I'd also like to see a Starfinder game. That's actually what I was hoping they were going to announce when they announced Rogue Trader.

@purpleblob Not really a huge Pathfinder fan but I'm sure they'll return to the IP in a few years. Just be thankful they released two huge RPGs with DLC for gamers.

Hopefully it's not like BG and takes twenty years.:eek:

Anyway I would love if they moved on to StarFinder which is the future of Pathfinder.
I am thankful for both Pathfinder games but doesn't mean I wouldn't want another that I would enjoy as much as Kingmaker and WotR.

I understand that they want to work on different universe and all but I certainly hope they will come back to Pathfinder again - TBH, I fully expect it will take another 20 years for another game I'd enjoy as much as BG2 & WotR (whether it be a game produced by Owlcats or another studio).

I wouldn't mind Starfinder from Owlcats - seems like a decent compromise between Pathfinder and WH40K.

I loved WotR but still haven't finished Kingmaker. Will probably completely recreate/respec my main character again at some point, just for the final stretch. Something to look forward to.

Can't fault Owlcat for wanting to make something different, but I also wouldn't mind if they tackled one of the other Pathfinder adventure paths. There seem to be quite a few that are very popular.

Back
Top Bottom