The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I remember I got to the song "Mama Said" and took the CD back to the store, exchanged it for Kill Em All. I bought it again a few weeks later, anyway. There are a couple of tracks on there I liked.

That one is a bit long-winded for my taste, but there are a few I think are ok.

Ain't My Bitch

Hero of the Day

I half watched half listened to "Star Wars in concert" this evening.
That was good. Listening to the score / film music being played by any REAL orchestra on a STAGE is something quite different from hearing that through headphones ...
Because, with a real orchestra, the whole body sometimes resonates to it, too ! This is especially true for very deep and very low notes / sounds ...

So after Angus McSix left Gloryhammer I had to compare their new albums: "Angus McSix and the Sword of Power" vs "Return to the Kingdom of Fife"; and Dragonforce's new line up in "Warp Speed Warriors" for good measure. Sword of Power has the best lyrics, WSW doesn't sound that much different to other DF stuff but the songs are all much shorter than usual, "Fife" tries but is definitely a step down for me.

That one is a bit long-winded for my taste, but there are a few I think are ok.
Yeah, it was actually a pretty decent album, in hindsight, it's just mama said really threw me. "That's not fucking metal", said I.

And a tune for the thread? Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom