The "I Just Bought" thread

Mexicans and Canadians, lol

My neck is actually pretty red from hiking last weekend ='.'=

Thinking about getting a schnauzer, I figure he can ride in the back!

although small, I think theyre pretty cool dogs. I have to get one of the non-allergenic types, and that breed is pretty much the coolest/most practical for us. Poodle is out of the question, and sheepdogs are cool but too big. Woah, look at the beard on this guy!

506px-Miniature_Schnauzer_portrait_Mattie.jpg

Well, my girl (who's had dogs literally her entire life) assures me that no dog is beyond her training gosu and this breed is no exception. I certainly hope that's the case, or there may eventually be a small unmarked grave in the corner of the yard.

I have a Giant Schnauzer/husky mix, and she has a lot of the schnauzer temperament, at least according to my vet since I've never had a purebred one. She gets very nervous at times—afraid of lightening, mostly, but she's also extremely smart and affectionate. Not a barker at all, but that could be the husky. She's a great watchdog, but quite friendly and sociable as well.

Here's what a full blooded Giant version of the little rascals looks like:

W.GiantSchnauzer.jpg

I like Schnauzers, bless their evil little hearts. I've always had terriers myself, but they're really pretty similar, only Schnauzers are a bit surlier.

I was thinking of the minature Schnauzers. Don't know about the other breeds.

I grew up with an Airedale Terrier and loved him to death.

airedale.jpg

They aren't TRUE terriers as their breed was developed by mixing a terrier with a hound… Makes them more calm than the other terrier breeds.

By the way ... the word "Schnauze" means in German "snout".

The German word of "Schnauze" means basically three things:

1. an animal's snout

2. a lose mouth, usually involving unpolite or even rude ways of talking

3. nowadays rarely used: the "Schnauzbart" or short of "Schnauzer" is a long beard (bart = beard) like emperor Wilhelm had, this kind of type, or like this one :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiner_Brand

Probably these dogs were called "Schnauzers" after the beard, I guess.

And "Sdchnauzer" is always the male form. I do not know of any female form, because women don't grow beards, usually. ;)

And "Schnauzer" is always the male form. I do not know of any female form, because women don't grow beards, usually.
Don't be slighting the dwarven women, now, Alrik. ;)

That's a very impressive set of mustaches you posted also. I clip my dog's beard/mustache because she likes to drink from her waterbowl and then come lay her head on us and drip all over our clothes. It's formidable when left to grow, though. :) And Prime J is correct, they are very terrier like, even my big one, in terms of both aggression and energy. Like a terrier she regards all small living things as toys to be captured. She loves to try to spring on them like a big cat, but fortunately she's also a big clutz, so they usually escape unharmed.

Must... resist... telling... stupid... joke...

Failed. Drat.

A certain inventor once came up with a brilliant new formula for a hair-removal cream. He started advertising it, and soon got some adventurous souls willing to try it.

The first one told him, "I want to use it on my legs." "No problem," he said. "Just stay out of the sun and wear loose pants for a few days, and you should have no ill effects."

The second one told him, "I want to use it on my armpits." "Sure," he said, "just skip the deodorant for a few days and shower twice a day."

The third one said, "I want to use it on my Schnauzer." "That'll work," he replied. "Just avoid riding the bicycle for a while afterward."

CDs:

David Rhodes - Bittersweet
Paintbox - bright gold and red

Buffalo N-Finiti wireless access point and gigabit router.

I had a perfectly acceptable if aging ZyXEL router. However, I recently moved my files over onto network access storage, and while the ZyXEL is fine for Internet access and printing, it's slow for server access.

The new Buffalo exceeded my expectations -- the NAS is now as responsive and fast as a pretty nice USB drive, and my Internet latency dropped by a third, too -- speedtest.net now puts it at 18 ms when it previously was well over 20. Finally, my ISP just bumped me up to 8/1 Mbit *and* lowered the monthly fees, so I'm suddenly on a lot broader band than before. (The latter was due to competition -- my cable company is offering 10 and 100 Mbit for pretty cheap; they also have great WiFi coverage around the town, which means we might still switch.)

Unknown Regions
This is the last book that was made for Star Wars SAGA Edition, the best and most complete RPG ever made in the Star Wars universe. This is also one of the best books released, it definitely try to address every request asked by the community. It's the one that contains most custom rules and most wanted alien species. I own all 15 products made for this series and I am sad to see it go, but I am also happy it was so complete as it is and so well done over all.

star-wars-rpg-unknown-regions-feb101698.jpg

The covers that was made by Gonzalo Flores are my favorites.

Jedi Academy Training Manual
Jatm2.jpg

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
KOTORguide.jpg

Scum & Villainy
WOC2193172_500.jpeg

Legacy Era Campaign Guide
LECG_Cover.jpg

I don't like 'em. I get the same vibe from them as from the "new" trilogy -- something that's had all the rough edges ground out in favor of a kitschy mediocrity. I much prefer the art in the core rulebook, for example.

Latest buys. Novel called The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. It's a fantasy about a thief and his cohorts. Not into reading fantasy on a big scale but having a good time with this one. Low magic world, gritty, and great characters. Locke is not the typical hero/anti-hero. He's a weedy man of words and too charasmatic for his own good.

Latest game. Drakensang is in the mail. Was hoping to get RPG goodness from DA:O, but it failed miserably for me. Hoping Drakensang will fill the void.

New CPU. Quad core. It should be here soon. Going to reformat computer & install Windows 7 and hopefully it will perform better than the dreaded Vista.

Anything works better than Vista. I have had no problems with Win 7 at all!!

Back
Top Bottom