The NOTHING - Kickstarter Started

At least not until he has proven to be able to build a team and a game.

This kind of project needs more money than half million and chances of him gathering that much money via kickstarter are slim at best. I think he needs an investor rather than asking money from his audience.

Plus there is something fishy in the project. For instance: The number of platforms. He mentioned current generation consoles (not just one, but all of them), windows (obviously), linux (yea right) and even nintendo switch (lol). Only mac port wasn't mentioned. Oh I remember the early kickstarter days when linux and mac were always thrown so casually and later devs had to confirm that those versions actually demanded a lot work! :D

12 endings. I hate these kind of promises. Deliver me one to three meaningfull endings and I'm more than satisfied.

Sui Generis did deliver something though, a completely un-fun tech demo.

I would say its the opposite. The Nothing showed there is at least some basic mechanics working, there is basic exploration, shooting, opening terminals, climbing, dialog system etc… Its crude or unconvincing and too ambitious but they probably should be able to make a game out of it - at least below average. Unlike Sui Generis devs who probably live in their "special combat demo bubble" but it needs much more and they never proved that they are able to make real game around it.

Couchpotato said:
As I said before good luck as most game projects can't make $50,000. Quite different from a few years back when everybody loved crowdfunding.

He is few years late with his KS. :) But maybe the cancellation was already planned. Because after that the project really became The Nothing. :)

Truth in advertising!

So the Kickstarter was cancelled unsurprisingly and the creator had this to say in the comments:

Omar Lima
If you are planning to release it one day, why not do an Early Access via Steam/GoG?

Matthew R Walsh [Creator]
That is likely what will happen in January or February

Back
Top Bottom