The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

All Remnant Rewards Available Jan 15th-21st, Store Sales, & 10% XP VIP's

All remnant rewards are available this week, Jan 15th thru the 21st. So, if you've been waiting impatiently for those eternal flasks, cloaks & bracers, etc., now is the time to do it.

Also, shared bank, character bank, & plat bank upgrades, and some bags (ingredients, collectibles, etc) are all on sale fo 25% off.

And VIP's get 10% XP bonus this weekend.

My monk finally got the death ward flask so he's happy.

The LGS weapon nerf is related to some abilities that were too overpowered because of a bug. I think it was radiance and acid bonuses being affected by spellpower. Other LGS weapon bonuses are not nerfed.

I noticed that tier 2 LGS weapons are performing better than tier 3 TF weapons in the Shroud, e. g. against the portals. One reason is that the TF effects (fire etc.) don't affect devils and portals. So if you run Shroud there is definitely a reason to craft LGS weapons.

I tried the legendary hard Shroud after the U29 patch 1. The portals are a bit easier to take down, but part 1 is still the most challenging of all 5 parts. So not that much difference.

It's a pity the LGS accessories are not very usable. Other loot have more usable effects with stat bonuses etc so there are few slots available for LGS. Most accessories effects affect spell power, saves etc. Not stats and general bonuses to combat like deadly, seeker, natural armor an so on. Maybe a caster can find something useful there, but melees will have to look elsewhere.

My monk finally got the death ward flask so he's happy.

The LGS weapon nerf is related to some abilities that were too overpowered because of a bug. I think it was radiance and acid bonuses being affected by spellpower. Other LGS weapon bonuses are not nerfed.

~snip~.

Yes, understand that, but if you read the thread, they apparently went from way overpowered to under-powered. The devs can't seem to find a middle ground. The two nerfs were to radiance & magma:

radiance have a average chance[maybe5%] deal about 200 light damage while magma always deal as 2/12/30

Since I haven't bothered to make any of these weapons, I don't know if the radiance they're talking about is actually radiance spellpower, or if he's actually talking 5% chance to proc light damage. Frankly, my lantern ring procs for more than that, & the magma damage looks pretty sad for what is supposed to be an end game weapon.

I think the main reason for taking the radiance as tier 3 bonus effect is to get the 5% chance to blind the mobs. You can get better damage from other bonuses. One is good blast. Since you hit so often at level 30 having a 5% blindness proc per hit would be a major thing against trash. I'm not sure if that is nerfed or not.

This is the description for Legendary Radiance
Attacks and offensive spells have a [~?%] chance to blind enemies with Light damage. (Scales with spellpower if triggered by a spell.)

You get that with the fire + positive + fire + positive combo for the augments

Anyone get a strange email from Turbine? I got it at my old email asking me to reinstate my VIP and when I checked, it's still in place and the new email is still on the account.

That's my assumption, too. Was curious whether lots of people got it or if I was a special snowflake.

Oh dear, now I have this picture in my mind of you as a snowflake!! :D

Dte, I got one of those ages ago, same deal and to an old email....I would say there is a new scam going for people trying to hack accounts.

I should be there, though we too are having bad winter weather. We've got snow falling & we're under a blizzard warning.

They expect us to be "buried" in over a foot of snow (possibly 2 feet), so it's "snowmaggedon" warnings from the highly excitable tv & radio weathermen. The run on the grocery stores for milk, bread, TP (not turbine points) & kitty litter started 2 days ago, and by yesterday evening the store shelves were bare.

Ok, I know you guys who live in areas who get real winter are now ROFL, but a foot of snow shuts down this wimpy state, lol.

Risia is up, & game is taking forever to load

Be aware that it's been taking a long time (several minutes) to load the game up since yesterday, probably because Risia is up.

If you're using the turbine launcher, when it finally gets past the login screen, it's been saying the servers are down, but if you wait a bit, it will clear. Then you may go into a login queue.

If you're using one of the alternate launchers, it will simply sit there for quite a while, but eventually you'll get in. Both CM & I have been experiencing this.

It happens. When I was living in Oklahoma, we got a dusting of snow (maybe an inch total) and the entire state went into fits when they were behind the wheel. Granted, they've got no experience with it and don't have mountains of road salt to clear everything off, but it was still pretty funny. That said, 12" of snow would put a serious dent in Indiana's traffic for a day or two.

The solution is simple; move to a place where it never snows!! :) Weather here has been hot and sunny. It was 34 C yesterday, that's 93 in your silly F scale!! :D

FYI, there is apparently a bug in some legendary green steel items that is killing player toons when used, and can do so in public areas. The thread was not very specific, but apparently has to do with vulnerability generating weapons. Thread:

LGS Tripple Negative Bug

Good chance I'm out this week. Will confirm in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom