The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Most likely completely out again this week.

We've got a purchase agreement on a house in IL, but we have to sell the old house first. That's going to take some work. I'm negotiating to rent the new house until such time as we buy it, which might give me some weekends here meaning I could run. We'll see. Most likely, I'm out until early September so plan accordingly. Sorry, folks.

Good luck ! :)

Have you considered renting out the old house instead? Hope you make it soon as I've been threatened with heaps of Epic runs!!!! :)

Have you considered renting out the old house instead? Hope you make it soon as I've been threatened with heaps of Epic runs!!!! :)
Need the money from the sale to make a big downpayment on the new place. Can't rent it out.

Rem vendor has forever pots available again. Get yours if you still need them.

I don't quite understand SAltmarch. I have over 200 Saltmarsh Hay items, but only 4 Chits right now.
This means to me, that it is far easier to get upgrades for Epic & Legendary items than Heroic level 3-4 items. I just don't understand it.

Good chance I'll stay in the hotel this coming weekend. If that's the way it shapes up, I'll be able to run Friday, albeit on a shitty hotel internet connection.

Also, are we ready to think about the next alt group? I'll probably bring RhoGu around this week after work some night. He's got a FvS build (light evoker) ready to go, which also means we'll have a healer on the alt group. We've got some time before any decisions need to be made but let's each start thinking about it.

I have no thoughts at the moment, so I'll wait to see what we might need before making any decisions about who, or what!!

Peter - Paladin
Azrael - Melee Build of Unknown Providence
CM - Unknown
JM - Setting Fire to Peter
Corwin - Soulstone
Alrik - Unknown
Dte - Favored Soul

We had a brief idea earlier. I think some of us are still short on tokens, but a few more DA runs should cover it.

I'm probably bringing Mureall or Fireflash back around. I have builds for Barbarian and Monk, as well as a Barbarian Warchanter Bard I can dust off. But for the most part, I want to do something simple.

Remember that this is for a new alt group, folks. We've got a while before the mains are ready to bring back around. Since I heard rumors that Corwin was being drug thru epic content by his toenails over multiple weeks, I figured everyone would have a pretty good pile of tokens saved up.

I just want to point out to Az that HE has been running as a soulstone far more frequently lately than I have!! :p :)

I was thinking about the paladin for the new main group, but I can easily use him for the new alt group instead. He's already level 30 and can ETR + TR at any moment. I just need a few days notice so I can prepare.

If I use the paladin for the alt group then I wonder what we need for the new main group. I can continue to be a sorcerer, become an inquisitor or try something else dependent upon what the group needs.

I just want to point out to Az that HE has been running as a soulstone far more frequently lately than I have!! :p :)

That is because we are playing epic and he likes to scout ahead as he does on heroic. Pretty dangerous unless you have a lot of epic gear to survive the ambushes.

Epic is like catch 22. You need epic gear to play on epic, but in order to get the epic gear you need to play on epic.

You can to some degree get around this if you craft the epic gear you need for level 20-24. That can be done before you run epic quests if you have the mats for it.

"New alt group" means which level, actually ? 3 ? Through Korthos already ?
I still have only first-lifers so far.

I was thinking about the paladin for the new main group, but I can easily use him for the new alt group instead. He's already level 30 and can ETR + TR at any moment. I just need a few days notice so I can prepare.

If I use the paladin for the alt group then I wonder what we need for the new main group. I can continue to be a sorcerer, become an inquisitor or try something else dependent upon what the group needs.

The mains are still a ways off of a TR, so I think it's premature to plan for that next group. The alts probably need a trap-capable character (at least no one has claimed the role), which I have a Bard-barian build for that too (I also have a trapper Paladin, but it's stretched very thin), but I was hoping to let someone else handle trap duties this go around since I am a trapper on the mains.

I will probably come in as a Monk (Mureall) or Barbarian (Fireflash). If needed though, I can pull the multi-use trap-capable Warchanter Barbarian build in, though no one will be able to keep up (it's designed to be VERY fast). More than likely, I'll reserve that for the eventual Mains TR, since we need two trap-capable builds for that. Or just the non-trapping version, if someone else takes up the lockpicks.

I've considered doing a Spellsinger as well, since I've never actually ran one. But that would depend on the group makeup.

We've got a good while before we have to worry about the next mains group, but FWIW my plan is to bring Wouldii around as an archer, most likely an arcane archer with a big investment in the new enhancement tree. He'll also have moderate healing available. Actually, since the mains would need a couple trap monkeys, I might get some more mileage from my collection of sticks and do an acrobat rogue. Wouldii could use either life so I'm flexible. We'll see.

Alrik, the new alt group would presumably form up at lvl3. To get there, you would run Korthos or Keep plus whatever harbor 2's you needed. In your case, if you bring another first-lifer, a complete Keep run would probably be enough.

Really, we could talk about forming up at lvl4 or even lvl5 since the first "real" content is lvl3 stuff which would run on 5 for elite. We haven't started that high in the past, but it's something the group should discuss.

I've got a shared bank with about three pages of XP stones from daily dice to get me a level or two. :p Helps skip the tedium of L1 and 2.

I think technically we can take level 4 and hold 5, since we usually start running L2 content as a group.

Noted.

I need to do a list of what I have.

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendations of Valor and Double Mysterious Remnants through August 29th! Get twice the chance for Remanants to appear and twice the Commendations. Also, VIPs get +15% XP (for a total of +25%) through September 8th!

Back
Top Bottom