The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

JM is having internet issues so may not be on at all, may be late, or may be here with bells on. lol

Az, we ran 3 bar quests (K favor on 2) and got Corwin and I enough XP to get level 11. Rumor had it that Spies was enough to get you to level before you turned into a pumpkin. The group seemed fairly pleased with the idea of punting on Necro2, so we took level and will start on lvl9 content next session.

Horizon view:
VON 3 and 4
Red Fens
possibly some bar quests to get closer to level
(take 12 whenever ya got it)
Restless Isles
VON 5 and 6
Borovia1

10-4, I was already almost 4 ranks in when we started, so Spies was overkill for L11 for me.

I'm still unhappy with the monk life, and I'm thinking of redoing it with a spare LR heart. Too squishy, and too poor damage for a melee character. It was a decent build a few years ago, but in the current game, Monks just suck.

For the replacement build; Paladin (too neutral), Barbarian and Bard (too lawful) are out. I may just go straight Fighter, or some weird build. Not sure yet.

I seriously need to solo Spies several times.

Yesterday I did the Korthos chain with my new main, knowing that at level 11 I wouldn't get no xp and therefore wouldn't be ahead of anyone because of this - but i wanted the favour points.

The remnant vendor has all 5 eternal flasks for sale right now.

There is a chance of snow and ice come Friday, when I'm supposed to head back. So my presence is debatable come Friday. If I end up stuck in a hotel I'll have wifi but if I get stuck on the road, I may not make it in time.
Be safe. It's supposed to be all kinds of shitty. Your neck of the woods is slated for a good bit of ice. I'm supposed to get 12-18" of snow on top of a bit of ice.

Be safe. It's supposed to be all kinds of shitty. Your neck of the woods is slated for a good bit of ice. I'm supposed to get 12-18" of snow on top of a bit of ice.

Where I'm at it's going to be clear, but home is going to be shitty. Hopefully it'll push back a day or two, but if not I'll just stay down in Jackson and mess around like Johnny.

Safety First !

I am home, and for the moment, have power. I sent an email to CM and JM earlier on my phone, but power is spotty for me. I am also worn out after 300+ miles, a head cold, and half a bottle of NyQuil. So if I'm missing, start without me. If I'm in game but non-responsive, assume I fell asleep at my desk and run without me.

Had to farm slayers and rares in Red Fens after the quests, but I squeaked into my level. Everyone can take 12.

Coming up we have VON 5/6 and Borovia1, but before that we get to try our hands at Restless Isles. Woot woot!

Thanks for that armor piece.

I have a weakness in the armor department (not counting clothing or jewellery), so every piece counts for me. I have alreadry crafted armor pieces as well, and I have given that Barovia armor piece to my main already. So far, it works relatively good, but what I really lack in the named armor department is medium to heavy armor. I have lots of random loot armor of that, though, crafted (preferrably those rare heroic random loot items with 2 augment slots) and random ( I vastly prefer items with teal-coloured icon borders these days ).

Anyway, just a reminder : That that "Gem Of Many Facets" nowadays has a random set bonus - including Red Fens sets ! And even VON as well !

So, if you have a newer/more recent Gem Of Many Facets, it might well be that it fits to one of the Red Fens sets.

Meaning that, when there is a set bonus for a set consisting of 2 items, you'll only need that gem, and the other item, not both items.

I can tell, because I have a few of these newer Gems, as soloing The Chronoscope is fairly easy with a level 20 character. ;)
Most of the Chronoscope items ( but not all ) are BTA, like that Gem is.

Ah, and, by the way : That shaman called Foxpaw from the Red Fens ziggurat quest - he is actually the father of Foxpaw the Gatekeeper apprentice ! Who appears again in the new "Portend Of Dread" quest, too !

Lamannia has a new preview of Update 53! Read the latest on the DDO Forums.

The Snowpeaks Festival continues! Find Flurry in the Hall of Heroes to run the event through February 20th!

Last edited:
10-4. I took 12 and regeared a bit. I seem to have exactly no helmets or rings useful for a Monk, or melee in general, at this level. At 13 I do have the Sora Kell set, so I guess that's an option. Pretty much all the needed slots are empty/using Feywild gear.

For Von 6, it might be a good idea for those who can to craft some portal/pillar beaters for those who lack them. I can craft my own, I think, but I want to check and see if I still have some old wraps laying around. Last time we lacked the dps needed to ring them down, and ended up wiping. We may also consider checking our other guilded friends and see if any have a L12 ready and willing for VoN.

What exactly is a "portal / pilar beater" ? I mean, against what are portals (or pillars) vulnerable ?

Besides, those who have "dampened" items from the Red Fens, here is what you can do with them, if you have a golden swamp pearl, too : https://ddowiki.com/page/Dampened

1. Get a golden swamp pearl
2. exchange that for a token of vulkoor from the collectibles trader within the camp.
3. use a "dampened" item with that token at the altar
4. enjoy ! ;)

I just tried it. A BTC robe became BTA after that, plus the above mentioned armor pieces became better with that as well.
You'll need the Altar Of Vulkoor in the Red Fens for that, though, NOT the Stone Of Change !

Construct Bane/Smiting items. They do extra untyped damage against constructs, which are generally tough as nails. They're often referred to as portal or pillar beaters because of Vault of Night 6, where you have 3 pillars to break at the same time, and the Shroud raid, where you have to destroy a number of portals to Shavarath in the first part. Also useful against Warforged and Iron Defenders, so they'll come in handy in Sharn and House Cannith if we run them.

We should run the Shroud this life actually. It's been a few lives I think.

We should run the Shroud this life actually. It's been a few lives I think.
Haven't planned that far out yet, but there's a good chance I'll be skipping Sharn this time thru and we are definitely overdue to make signet stones.

Let's see, off the cuff here-
10- Borovia1 + VON5/6 + Restless Isles
11- Borovia2 + Desert
12- Desert + Morgrave + Borovia3
13- GH
14- GH + Tower of Frost + Necro4
15- Meridia15's + Tethymar (Alrik's on the hook to have some way to get to E-Star)
16- Vale
17- Harbinger2 (build a boat) + Reavers

We should be able to wrangle up some Borovia armor for Alrik since he's lacking that. I'm actually looking for two items in Borovia myself to finish off a couple sets. Could have sworn I had both but clearly I don't now. I do wonder if items are getting eaten during TR- I'm fairly certain I had Mire sets on all 6 of my toons but I'm missing several rings now (not even considering old/new).

I already gave my main the "Mist-laden Vestment" https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mist-laden_Vestment , which has worked quite well last session.

I don't have any mid or heavy armor from that pack, though.

Regarding Eveningstar : I should be fine with soloing the prelude, even on casual it should give me access to the town.
With a horse it is quite fast to get there nowadays.
However, since my main is an iconic - low level because she started as a mule on the HCL long ago and was then transferred - and should therefore have that "transport to" button there as well.

Meet the new Producer : https://www.ddo.com/en/news/producers-letter-february-2022

Hint : I had actually met her at the Games Com ages ago …

Read about our upcoming plans and meet our new producer! Our newest Producer's Letter is available on DDO.com.
Update 53: Hunter and Hunted arrives next week! Stay tuned for downtime and release notes.
The Anniversary Event also begins next week! We'll have more information about our 16th anniversary next week as well.
Cordovan has the latest news and wraps up Snowpeaks in the latest Weekly Wednesday Lunchtime Livestream! Watch the show on YouTube.

DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Mysterious Remnants through February 21st! Get twice the chance for remnants to drop through Monday!
This is your FINAL WEEKEND to run the Snowpeaks Festival! Available through February 21st. Read our guide on DDO.com!
Ride to Glory! Get 20% off:
Select Mounts
Bonus Item Bundles
Mirrors of Glamering and Glamered Weapon Auras
Now through February 24th!
The Weekly Coupon gets you a free Medium Guild Renown Elixir with the Coupon Code GETTINGTOGETHER, now through February 24th!

Last edited:
Of note in the Producer's Letter:

All races and classes that are found in the Player's Handbook are now Free to Play. This means Druids, Dragonborn, Warlocks, etc…

New Race is Tabaxi. Cat-people. CHA/DEX race, so probably Sorcerer or Warlock Iconic is my guess. Maybe Monk, since they have claws for unarmed attacks.

Level cap increase with Isle of Dread. IoD is an expansion. An older pack will be updated with modernized gear and high level versions.

Cove is getting updated.

VIP Gold Rolls on the Daily Dice are now daily until the end of the year.

Character bank is getting updated.

Back
Top Bottom